No Komy, Sourray or Markov Tonight

gohabsgo252006

TSN just reported that Komisarek won't play tonight either as he had to return home on personal matters. The Habs have recalled Hainsey and we'll find out by noon if he has been claimed. As of Right now, we have RIvet, Dandy, Streit and Bouillon for tonight. I wonder if we will call up another D man too.

What a crunch on the blue line. Can any of our forwards move back there? maybe SUndstrom or someone?

LEt's hope this brings the team together and the forwards help out wiht a solid defencive effort. and Let's hope Hainsey clears waivers that will open the door to Streit disappearing eventually too.

:ghg:

Wow. Sorry to be pessimistic, but tonight is going to be a complete disaster. I hope Bouillon, Rivet and Dandeneault are ready to play 35 minutes each.

Théo needs to bring his A+++++++++ game for us to have a chance.

[Edited on 2005/11/29 by option+]

I would not have taken the chance of calling Hainsey up, we'll see what gives until the noon deadline.

Trying to stay positive, but tonight could be a memorable beating. The Sens agaisnt the Habs missing the better part of their defense. Ouch! Hope the boys can play tight and show strenght in adversity.

Originally posted by habzz22

Hainsey will not be claimed, don't worry. He's lost his "elite prospect" status and is now better know as "Hollywood Hainsey" for his off-ice antics. This could be a great chance to reddem himself.

Hollywood Hainsey, I like that. Perhaps that means he plays well against LA on Saturday?

Originally posted by High&Inside

How can we not have any defensemen in our system that we can call up and not risk losing.

Because as deep as we are in forward prospects, we are that shallow on defence. This is why I was rather surprised that the team didn't trade back a few pick in the draft to select Staal or one of the other good D prospects. Komi is really our only good, young D-man, unless Hainsey finally gets his act together.

The NHL must have changed a rule about the waivers, because in the past a player had to pass through waivers before they could be sent down to the AHL, not on the call up. Of course, whatever Bob Mckenzie writes is infallible.

With Komisarek gone, I'm wondering why they didn't call up both JP Cote & Ron Hainsey. Cote would not be eligible for any waiver claims as he's young enough.

in order to claim him someone need to clear a roster spot for him, it's not as easy as it seems.

Many teams are running on lower than maxed out rosters, so it wouldn't be that difficult to pick up a guy like Hainsey, who will barely make a dent in the cap room.

Hainsey will not be claimed, don't worry. He's lost his "elite prospect" status and is now better know as "Hollywood Hainsey" for his off-ice antics. This could be a great chance to reddem himself.

Looks Like Someone Was Wrong

I have a feeling....

Our backs are against the walls. This is going to be a great thing for our team. These events will bring them closer together and playing a more defensive minded game. We will prevail. Bob will make the moves necessary to fill any holes he might see fit. As for now, I'm making a prediction that we will win tonights game, our team will become more defensively aware. Jose will finally get the team effort he needs to help him out. The remaining defensemen tonight will keep it simple and will play better than they've ever been.

I'm actually quite excited about these recent events and the positive impact it will have on our team.

:hlogo:

In theory we were all a little dazzled of the outcome in the Blueline (preseason) Gainey had more confidence in Streit than Hainsey even though it meant risking losing the latter in waivers once (going down) and twice if ever called back up...(now you know the rest)

it was of course perhaps more logical to keep Hainsey at the start of the season and later perhaps trade him for a bag of pucks...(as many of you suggested) then call the swiss knife ( a little dull this Streit knife) . But in hind-sight Gainey and Julien must have known this ...

Hainsey must have gotten under the skin he must have anoyed everyone or at least some key figures in the team that were important enough to decide! I can bet he would have caused surely more harm than good...

Somethings are'nt just meant to be ... Like an affair where the sex is great! but we just can't get along! this is when its time to go... who knows perhaps he gets along better with the jackets and becomes an awesome D ... but its all in the past now... I trust that Streit will improve!... maybe some thirty games in the AHL but still got faith... he could even come back for the Playoffs

As for COTE if he's got 3/4 of what Komy has than HURRAH! At least he sure has his scoresheet :):hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/11/29 by CoRvInA]

Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

I have a feeling....

Our backs are against the walls. This is going to be a great thing for our team. These events will bring them closer together and playing a more defensive minded game. We will prevail. Bob will make the moves necessary to fill any holes he might see fit. As for now, I'm making a prediction that we will win tonights game, our team will become more defensively aware. Jose will finally get the team effort he needs to help him out. The remaining defensemen tonight will keep it simple and will play better than they've ever been.

I'm actually quite excited about these recent events and the positive impact it will have on our team.

The goals against, if I am not wrong, where 4th overall in the league prior to Kovalev's operation.

They where doing obviously fine defensively speaking and had enought offensive skills to get that extra goal that became their standart way of winning.

Since they where hardly any room to imrove upon, defensively speaking, it was clear what loosing Kovy would mean offensively speaking and it happens.

Loosing Markov for three game is bound to have the same negative consequence since he was for the defence what Kovalev was for the offense.

The russian roulette as gone negative on BG for this late fall.

Originally posted by PB
Originally posted by matsnaslundsuperfan

I have a feeling....

The goals against, if I am not wrong, where 4th overall in the league prior to Kovalev's operation.

They where doing obviously fine defensively speaking and had enought offensive skills to get that extra goal that became their standart way of winning.

Since they where hardly any room to imrove upon, defensively speaking, it was clear what loosing Kovy would mean offensively speaking and it happens.

Loosing Markov for three game is bound to have the same negative consequence since he was for the defence what Kovalev was for the offense.

I have the feeling that Kovalev, with his puck possession skills, actually contributed quite a bit to the Habs defense by keeping other teams away from the attack.

Originally posted by Rooster

I agree 4th overall is pretty good when it comes to goals against.

However, it is well documented on this site that WE are unhappy with certain forwards and defensemen on the team. Take a look at the +/- at our players. Ryder,Ribero,Dagenais they could use a heavy dose of defensive awareness. Maybe this is why we've been only able to win by one goal games.

The team will benefit from these guys being able to play better defensively.