Claude Julien Fired! Gainey To Take Over.

Hab4life

TSN commented on how usually, the GM will shake up the team with a trade before firing the coach, but Gainey's move makes more sence. Sometimes, a coaches handling of certain players can lead to poor play, so it makes sence to give everyone a few games under new direction before making any moves. Last night, for example, Ribero chose to make a play and take a big hit, rather than his usual style of shying away and coughing up the puck. Can we expect this from him in the future? Who knows? Also, there were actually some body checks thrown last night, Ferland in particular threw a few good ones. The team didn't lay back after going up a goal or 2, which was a refreshing change. Bonk actually played a good game, making a few excellent passes, and not coughing up the puck. The defense and forwards actually worked together to get the puck out of the defensive end, meaning the habs were'nt pinned in as much as usual...although they still need a lot of work in that department. Theodore didn't get a lot of work, but didn't let in any stinkers, either, and maybe with a few games like that, he'll have his confidence back. Mark Striet looked good overall, but I think his game has been improving for some time now. I don't know if the Habs can play this way consistantly, but at least now, the players will be held accountable for there play by the man who controlls their future with the team, and that may be just what guys like Theo and Ribero need.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out all day on saturday. Got home just after the game started, turned on the TV and I see Bob Gainey behind the bench. The camera pans over and I think WTF, isn't that Guy Carbonneau?

That was some freaky mard!

Even though I was hoping BG was going to move a couple of players, I am pleased with what he did. Gainey will get an up close look at what the habs's problems really are.

Is it Saku's leadership?

Are our players overated?

Was CJ's style of play crap?

Do we have locker room cancer?

I trust Bob to figure this out and deal with it.

I was out all day on saturday. Got home just after the game started, turned on the TV and I see Bob Gainey behind the bench. The camera pans over and I think WTF, isn't that Guy Carbonneau?

That was some freaky mard!

Even though I was hoping BG was going to move a couple of players, I am pleased with what he did. Gainey will get an up close look at what the Hab's problems really are.

Is it Saku's leadership?

Are our players overated?

Was CJ's style of play crap?

Do we have locker room cancer?

I trust Bob to figure this out and deal with it.

Yeah, I think Gainey and Carbo will have some things to teach Saku about what it means to be a captain in Montreal.

We all love Saku's courage and work ethic, but his captain skills left something to be desired. We dont see him sit up and rally the troups when things turn bad, at least not as much as he should have. To his defense, neither does his assistants either.

Its been said before, this group of player lacks leadership, and they lack one true leader, someone who can inspire others to follow and who knows when to shake some sleepers.