Cristobal Huet

blaze53

Should Huet Replace Theo As Starting Goalie?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Huet The New Starting Goalie?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hell Yes
    • Hell No
    • Trade Theo

I'm happy "everybody" is convinced Huet is a solid backup. That's what he is, a good, solid goaltender. Don't start fantasising about Huet being a #1 NHL-goalie, right now. Maybe he could turn into a starter in a couple of years (hi there Dwayne Roloson), not now. We should be happy with Huet getting W's for this team but don't get to excited. He still has a long way to go. Bien joué Cristo!

He should be #1 until Theo drastically improves and becomes consistent. If not the #1 guy they should rotate till Theo evolves into the player who is earning over 5 million dollars a season.

I am not implying he is the best goalie in the league, however, he is our best goalie. You have to go with who is winning.

I agree, by playing the hotter goalie is the way to go. It seems that Theodore struggles against ottawa and toronto, so maybe if Huet plays good tonight, he could start on Saturday.

Huet played a solid game last night. I'm not sure about starting a goalie back to back who rarely plays. I just hope the habs play as well defensively in there end as they did in the third period last night. Is anyone else concerned about the habs getting less then 20 shots the last several games? The first and second lines offensively are totally disgracefull. I would bet that half of the 15 shots last night were on the power play. That's concerning.

I am not implying he is the best goalie in the league, however, he is our best goalie. You have to go with who is winning.

I agree. He is performing better than Theo. (not hard) Gainey said Theo is not seeing the puck well, obviously his confidence is at an all time low. Huet is also better at playing the puck which helps out our inferior defence, especially with the loss of Markov and Souray.