Bring On The Olympic Break!

GoHabs2002

Just a week and a half left for the Habs to play out their string of pre-Olympic games. Just a week and a half...

You can tell they are all mentally fatigued, fed up of the atmosphere around the team. Give them a two weeks off, let them do what they want to clear their head and the air and bring them all back three or four days prior to the restart for a nice team-building experience (Trip to Viel at one of Gillette's resorts, etc) and get some comradery going in this team.

You gotta think Theo will benefit the most from this break. Probably the most of any player in the league!! Have him work will Melanson during the second half of the break, give him a week off, and get the fundamentals down pact again. Souray, Begin, Ryder, Rivet, Dandenault..they should all benefit from the break for a rejuvenated push to the playoffs. We did it in '98, in '02, gosh darn it, we'll to it in '06, too!!!

------

On a side note, with 11 different teams represented by scouts last night, you gotta think Gainey is in serious talks with at least 3-5 teams that were there last night. Obviously some teams scout regularly (especially Boston with back to back games upcoming) but for 11 teams to be there, there has to be some talks ongoing. And which GM in his right mind would trade for a Habs player right now without scouting them first.

Any word on which teams were there? My guess for some would be Bruins, Blackhawks, Capitals, Oilers, Lightning.

After scouts watched last night's game, all trade offers were canceled.

The offer of a used bags of puck is now off the table...

I really can't wait for the Olympic Break.

I think I might go to Paris actually...

I thought you were on your Olympic Break already.

:P

Or...

Who needs a break when you don't even play half a game?

Or...

There's a lot of habs fans who would love to give you an 'Olympic break' to the kneecap right about now.