Traverse & Dykhuis sent to Hamilton

Habs77

http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=r...on&sport=#89103

11 players were cut today... Traverse, Dykhuis & Blouin among them.

That means they'll be exposed in the waiver draft (duh)... good news indeed.

I don't know if Hainsey made it or not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I had to guess, of the 11 cuts:

- Dykhuis, Traverse, Bouillon, Ferland, Dagenais, Higgins, Perezhogin, Blouin, Damphousse in nets if he was still with the team.

I'm missing two.

Plekanec could have stuck because of the center shortage, Ryder I hope has made it.

Maybe "tough guy" Carpentier... missing one.

Beauchemin, how could I forget him?.. ;)

[Edited on 1-10-03 by Habs77]

HI ALL I read this in another board so dont shoot me if its wrong ok!

HERES THE LIST OF SUPPOSED CUTS THE HABS MADE:

DAMPHOUSSE

FICHAUD

TRAVERSE,DYKHUIS,BEAUCHEMIN

BLOUIN,PEREZHOGIN,DAGENAIS,CARPENITER,GRATTON and FERLAND.:hlogo::hockey:

Was Bouillon already cut? I forget, didn't count the injured in my "predictions" either.

Anyway... they kept Higgins a while longer, but no way should he make this team. He'll benefit big-time from 1 year being the main guy in Hamilton IMO, under the guidance of Gainey's man Doug Jarvis.

Plus I like the idea of him being able to continue playing in Hamilton next year in there's a prolonged play stoppage... instead of having nowhere to play.

Plekanec & Higgins stuck because of the center shortage, Ryder I hope has made it.

Centers: Koivu, Perreault, Ribeiro, Juneau, Kilger, Plekanec, Higgins

LW: Bulis, Hossa, Sundstrom, Dwyer

RW: Audette, Zednik, Ward, Ryder, Dackell

D: Markov-Rivet

Souray-Breezer

Quintal/Hainsey/Komisarek

G: Theo, Garon

Originally posted by GINGY4371

HI ALL I read this in another board so dont shoot me if its wrong ok!

HERES THE LIST OF SUPPOSED CUTS THE HABS MADE:

DAMPHOUSSE

FICHAUD

TRAVERSE,DYKHUIS,BEAUCHEMIN

BLOUIN,PEREZHOGIN,DAGENAIS,CARPENITER,GRATTON and FERLAND.:hlogo::hockey:

Those were indeed the cuts, as reported by RDS:

Dykhuis et Traverse retranchés

Le Canadien a annoncé que 11 joueurs avaient été cédé à leur filiale des Bulldogs de Hamilton dans la Ligue américaine de hockey.

De ce nombre, on note les vétérans défenseurs Karl Dykhuis et Patrick Traverse. Ces deux joueurs ne sont donc pas protégés en vue du repêchage intra-ligue tout comme Sylvain Blouin qui a aussi été retranché aujourd'hui.

Traverse a amassé 13 passes en 65 matchs la saison dernière et a eu une fiche défensive de moins neuf alors que Dukhuis a inscrit un but et quatre passes et a eu une fiche défensive de moins cinq en 65 parties. Blouin a disputé 17 matchs l'an dernier.

Les autres joueurs retranchés aujourd'hui sont Benoit Gratton, les gardiens Jean-François Damphousse et Éric Fichard; le défenseur François Beauchemin et les attaquants Pierre Dagenais, Alexander Perezhogin, Benjamin Carpentier et Jonathan Ferland.

http://rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=rdw&a...on&sport=#89103

Woo! Dykhuis and Traverse to the AHL , good job Bob!

Hopefully someone takes them on waivers..

Hey do you know what this means? Ron Hainsey has MADE the Canadiens roster... As Habs77 posted , we only have 7 d-men left in camp , and one is Hainsey (A spare I suppose) , this is a nice surpise...

Next cuts are obviously going to be Higgins and Plekanec , because of numbers... Ryder will make the opening night lineup if one of Kilger/Koivu is still out. But when both come back , thats when I wonder what will happen... ? Dackell sent down maybe?

Hey do you know what this means? Ron Hainsey has MADE the Canadiens roster... As Habs77 posted , we only have 7 d-men left in camp , and one is Hainsey (A spare I suppose) , this is a nice surpise...  

Actually, he may not have made the team, as 8 defencemen remain: Markov, Rivet, Brisebois, Souray, Quintal, Bouillon, Komisarek, and Hainsey.

26 players remain, so 3 cuts still have to be made. 2 will likely be Higgins and Plekanic, the other will be a defenceman, my guess is Hainsey.

Originally posted by dlbalr

Actually, he may not have made the team, as 8 defencemen remain: Markov, Rivet, Brisebois, Souray, Quintal, Bouillon, Komisarek, and Hainsey.

26 players remain, so 3 cuts still have to be made. 2 will likely be Higgins and Plekanic, the other will be a defenceman, my guess is Hainsey.

Ohh , I thought Bouillon was sent down , must of gotten that mixed up because he wasnt protected in the waiver draft... Now that I know this , I think that Bouillon will be the 7th d-man and Hainsey sent down , just makes more sense.

Originally posted by puck7x

Ohh , I thought Bouillon was sent down , must of gotten that mixed up because he wasnt protected in the waiver draft... Now that I know this , I think that Bouillon will be the 7th d-man and Hainsey sent down , just makes more sense.

hehe... actually he was protected. :contract:

I was so sure Bouillon would start in Hamilton I just figured he had been sent down earlier and I hadn't heard about it.

The old Habs would never have kept a guy on a 2 way deal and sent a loser with a garanteed 1.6M down.

This is a major shift in club policy, and it was a long time coming.

Both Hainsey and Komisarek have had a miserable camp, so Bouillon should definitely make it.

But will Bouillon play or will a guy like Quintal be moved to left D?

Sounds to me like Bouillon will see a lot of press box time.

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Brisebois

Quintal - Komisarek

Bouillon