Is The Real Komi Standing Up?

In the last couple of games, Komi as been playing awesome...basically since he was matched with Côté and even more since he's been matched with Markov.

He's playing with a confidence that I've never seen from him. He's hitting solid and often, making solid passes and clearing the puck out of the zone with ease.

Watch him tonight, he's a completely different player then a month ago.

Have you guys also seen the transformation?

Matching him with Markov was a great coaching idea. Could be a nice pair for years to come, the great offensive play making one with the solid defensive hard hitting one :D

Yes everyone has noticed, especially in the 5-0 win against the Flyers when he was 3rd star.

His confidence is sky high and hopefully will continue to climb. He is shooting the puck more and hopefully will score his first goal very soon, tonight would be as good a night as any to do so.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that part of the reason that Rick Green was chosen to accompany Julien out the door was due to dissatisfaction with how the defensive prospects were coming along. Perhaps Gainey and Carbo have changed something that has made a difference in Komisarek's play. Anyway, it's good to see... he'll be a great defender for us if he keeps progressing - he's got the tools.

In my humble and relatively uninformed opinion, I believe that Gainey, Carbonneau & Jarvis, the present guys in charge, are on the right path.

They are letting the young ones play. They're letting them make their mistakes and learn and grow. It would seem that the only thing that would keep a player off of the game roster would be a perceived lack of effort. Effort + mistakes is way better than no effort and no mistakes either.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that part of the reason that Rick Green was chosen to accompany Julien out the door was due to dissatisfaction with how the defensive prospects were coming along. Perhaps Gainey and Carbo have changed something that has made a difference in Komisarek's play. Anyway, it's good to see... he'll be a great defender for us if he keeps progressing - he's got the tools.

I guess being a very good defensive defensmen doesn't always translate into being a good defensive defensmen coach eh?

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that part of the reason that Rick Green was chosen to accompany Julien out the door was due to dissatisfaction with how the defensive prospects were coming along.

you say "prospects" like there is more than one. :P