There Is Hope

Cataclaw

During the "Kovalev-Koivu" slump, i kept telling myself "everything will be back to normal when we get our injured players back". Unfortunately, i was wrong. Weak performances and minimal effort (in general) followed their return. The Bob Gainey era sparked some enthusiasm, but a 2-4 road trip took some steam out of it.

I had lost faith in CH. I even missed 2 games out of sheer disinterest (the only 2 games i haven't watched all season - 2 losses, incidently)

Now that's all changed -- and one of the reasons is Cristobal Huet

Montreal has 8 pts possible out of the last 10 (in the last 5 games) and we're entering the Olympic break with a playoff spot, one point ahead of Toronto (with one game in hand)

All of a sudden it feels great to be a fan again. My faith has been restored.

Enjoy the Olympic break. Cristobal and the rest of the team: you've made a believer out of me.

Playoffs, here we come!

:hlogo:

I had lost faith in CH. I even missed 2 games out of sheer disinterest (the only 2 games i haven't watched all season - 2 losses, incidently)

Now that's all changed -- and one of the reasons is Cristobal Huet

Montreal has 8 pts possible out of the last 10 (in the last 5 games) and we're entering the Olympic break with a playoff spot, one point ahead of Toronto (with one game in hand)

All of a sudden it feels great to be a fan again. My faith has been restored.

:hlogo:

So this means your back on the bandwagon? lol

we are looking better now with huet in the net, but i still think we are missing some scoreing. ryder,K and K look great on the pp the last game, that should be our first line. but if we do that it leaves our other lines missing something. its time to go get some player to give us a better second line.

Agreed. However, Zednik suddenly looked good last game. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has a great Olympics and comes back recharged. At which point, IMHO, we should trade him for a strong defenceman.

I don't have a problem with the defense at this point in time. They did hang Theo out to dry a few times but they are not solely responsible for the teams earlier woes. Instead, probably because I play D, I think the forwards could have come back to help more. This situation is also improving.

We have a team with a good number of underachievers. Not just Zednick. For no other reason than to frighten the complacent, at trade, not a fantasy blockbuster as many have proposed, might wake up the collective conscious of the players who appear less than enthusiastic.

To expect a cure all trade right now is ambitious beyond reason. I just hope he prospect up playing in Chicago or St.Louis opens some eyes in the dressing room.

I wonder what will happen with Theo?

Will Bob rely on Huet as our #1?

Will Theo get road starts only?

Will Theo start playing better?

If Theo plays well, is Huet on the bench?

Will anyone dare to take Theo?

Can Huet be our #1 through the playoffs if Theo is traded?

Will the Bell Center fans even let Theo play there without tormenting him?

The Theo situation needs to be resolved.

I am not going to get down on anyone who loves the way Huet is playing right now. I'm impressed with his poise. I may be reaching but, his posture reeks of composure and reminds me of Chris Pronger. A guy so confident he just never rattles. They both at first appear disinterested but after watching for a while you realize, these guys are just so cool with the pressure compared to everyone around them. I still think it may be too soon to hitch a wagon to Huet yet however I really like what he is doing for this team.

If Theo can regain his old form I think it will make him tougher mentally and emotionally therfore less suseptable to the stress over periods of poor play and bad goals against. I wish him luck but he really needs to ask himself if this is the best place for him to play if so, just stop pucks.