Game Thread | Montreal Vs. Florida | 03/02/06

Spider-Man NL

Shots 10-10.... some nice flow to this game. And I usually dislike first periods because it takes guys time to find their legs and the game has less intensity. Hopefully it'll pick up in the third when I'm done my homework and giving my full attention.

By the way, I liked what we did on the 5-on-3. Souray is slow and his shot is predictable but Markov and Kovalev are crafty and creative. We were putting non-stop pressure on them. Kovalev almost scored on his one timer from the point had he not missed the net by only a little.

Oh and I love how Carbo made the blueliners keep the puck in the blueline rather than sprinting bakc to their own zone the second the other team gets the puck. That's been bothering me for years how the d-line pushes back on the powerplay.

Gelinas' 1111th career NHL game. :wacko:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It got quiet here really fast

I know... sucks for me, because I can't watch or listen to the game... this <sob> is all i've got!

Well, its not been pretty....

I watch on RDS and since I don't speak french I am immune to their commentary...LOL

Still taking dumb penalties and not sure I like the PP tonight. Koivu looks off tonight which is what I expected. The first game back he was still on an olympic high, but this game must be a real bitch for him....

Huet just made another amazing save.....:)

hi! how's the game so far?

I once said that I thought Huet was a throw in on the bonk garon trade. Maybe bonk was the throw in. I want to now and forever apologise to Cristowall. He is playing amazing goal.

You guys and CJAD are killing me. Nothing quite like hearing about a highlight save. :(

LOL. I know! I was like 'sounds good, guys... I've never heard of such an amazing save!' :P

Zed just played a great shift behind their net, battling and generally being an ox, taking all kind of punishment but keeping the puck. Unfortunately no one helped him so only one point shot came out of it, but I certainly give him an A for effort on that shift.