Is Saku Reading This?

JLP

Players online -- What do you think?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do NHL Players Follow Hockey Forums?

• All the time -- hockey is their life!
    • Most take a look now and then.
    • Few have either the time or interest.
    • Hockey players can't read!

Antero. Me and Teemu often joke about it but thats a long story

Is that actually Saku's last name I tried to look it up on the net. But I just thought that Fins did not have middle names.

Zednik is known for his laptop always being on - he's a net junkie. Plex has his own website, so he's obviously online here and there.

I would suggest to you, though, that most players have neither the time nor the inclination to go poking through fans sites to find out what others think about them. If that were the case, I think there'd be a whole lot more psychologists involved in the game considering the stuff that gets said. I'm sure it happens from time to time, but my guess is that it's comparitively rare.

On the other hand, the media loves to peruse the net for information and insights. They also steal plenty of ideas from others in a bid to make them look smarter. For instance, I was quoted verbatim on RDS one night (translated, but verbatim). And it wasn't a small quote, it was fairly extensive.

• 7 months later...
From what I usually hear, they check them now and then (esp. when their friends & family refer them to stuff), but they dont have a very positive view of the "internet fans" in general.

Simply put: they think we're a bunch of armchair GMs who dont have a clue about anything... Which is sadly too often true (except for most of HW!). :P

Haha, you should see this one guy at another forum i post at, he makes trading Bonk for Crosby sound possible, haha

Journalists do in fact surf the forums...

The Tom Fritsche rumours were only to be found on hockey forums, yet they found their way in Lapresse (where he revealed the oax)

However, I don't believe one second that Hockey players read hockey forums... No time, no interest at all... Heck, they don't even watch hockey in their free time.

I think only a couple of them search on forums, barely any.

Has anyone ever said they were an actual Canadiens player on this forum????