Theodore Vs Budaj

CerebusClone

Colorado has a bit of a dilemma right now.

They haven't secured a playoff spot yet, and Theodore is now back from his injury. Although he wasn't exceptional, Budaj has maintained roughly a .500 record since becoming the temporary number 1, which would be enough to make the playoffs if he keeps this up. However, if Colorado has any hope for the Cup, they need to play Theodore - not Budaj - but since Theodore is back from an injury, and was having an awful year, they cannot afford to be patient or make a mistake.

Colorado cannot afford losing games at this point. Let's say, for example, that:

Edmonton loses against Detroit, but wins against Anaheim and Colorado,

Colorado beats Phoenix, but loses against Calgary, Vancouver, and Edmonton,

San Jose beats Phoenix, Vancouver once, and LA, but loses once against Vancouver and against Anaheim,

Vancouver loses one against SJ, but wins the other one, and beats Anaheim and Colorado,

then Colorado is out of the playoffs. And these are not crazy impossible scenarios. So, who would you play? A rusty Theodore on a very off year, or a somewhat reliable Budaj?

Edited by CerebusClone

If Vancouver wasn't playing San Jose twice this week I'd say the Avs were doomed, They may be anyway.....especially if they go with Theo the rest of the way and Vancouver grabs a win from the Sharks.

If the Avs do make it, like always, Theo will steal the 1st round and then he will BOMB in the second round. That's just who he is and what he does. History will repeat itself again. and again ,......and again. 5 million well spent.

If Vancouver wasn't playing San Jose twice this week I'd say the Avs were doomed, They may be anyway.....especially if they go with Theo the rest of the way and Vancouver grabs a win from the Sharks.

If the Avs do make it, like always, Theo will steal the 1st round and then he will BOMB in the second round. That's just who he is and what he does. History will repeat itself again. and again ,......and again. 5 million well spent.

Thats what our entire team does. Just look at last season's playoffs.

After dismantling the then on-fire Dallas Stars in 5 games, I thought we had the cup in the bag after playing like that. Then we left a big shit stain on the San Jose series.

To be fair, Theodore never had a team to make it very far in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say they are doomed. Actually, San Jose and Colorado seem to be in a decent position right now, while Edmonto seems to be at risk. The Oilers only have 3 games left, and they will face Detroit, the red-hot Roasted Ducks, and the Avalanche. They could easily drop all of these games...

Maybe they could send Théodore in the AHL for a few games so he get in top shape again?

I would go the safe way with Budaj until the end of the season then on with Théo in the playoff.

Spell it right:

B - U - D - A - J

And I would play Theo. With the Canucks losing tonight (Down 3-0 at first Int.), they are only one loss away from being out of it entirely and Theodore needs some tuning up before the playoffs.

Any pics of Theo in Avs colours?

202063.jpg

Spell it right:

B - U - D - A - J

And I would play Theo. With the Canucks losing tonight (Down 3-0 at first Int.), they are only one loss away from being out of it entirely and Theodore needs some tuning up before the playoffs.

Good eye. I'm amazed that I missed that. :blink:

202063.jpg

Theres about 5 or 6 over at the Avs board (which I rarely stop by because it's full of Canuck trolls and imbeciles. God, I miss LGA badly)

I'm a little sad to see he doesn't have a new mask yet. They just put an Avs sticker over the Habs logo.

He probably wasn't expecting to get in that game. I'd bet on a new mask by tomorrow.

I know but he's been here for a month. I always assumed that was one of the first things goalies had taken care of.

I know but he's been here for a month. I always assumed that was one of the first things goalies had taken care of.

New design? paint still drying? wasn't perfectly sculpted for his glorious mane and had to go back for adjustments?

New design? paint still drying? wasn't perfectly sculpted for his glorious mane and had to go back for adjustments?

Hey man, don't diss the hair. I wish I had hair that good.

Oh wait, I can. *buys some propecia*

Oh man, this is the game of my dreams.

We chased that friggin bum Sauve out of the net.

Theodore has been a wall so far. (Alright, he's only faced 12 shots. But none have gone in!)

And...this is the best part....

TANGS IS BACK!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Theo lets in 3 goals on 9 shots in th third.

But win's his first start with the Avs.

It would be amazing if the Habs and Avs met in the final, and the Habs pumped the Avs in 4 games.

It's not Theo, we never want to play 60 minutes. Happens about once a week.

Happened to Aebi atleast three times this season.

Happened to Budaj a couple times this season.

Overall, I'm happy with Theo. ^_^

It's not Theo, we never want to play 60 minutes. Happens about once a week.

Happened to Aebi atleast three times this season.

Happened to Budaj a couple times this season.

Overall, I'm happy with Theo. ^_^

You should be. I always loved him. But man though......that mother######er is so sensitive. You can't trust him because he doesn't trust himself. That pisses me off.

It's just my frustrations with him for ten seasons coming out. I don't want to bash him.............At least I can stop hoping he get's it together...............................

..........................................................................................................He's all yours