Line-ups For Playoffs

Funk Doc

If begin is ready to play for the start of the playoffs, how do you guys think the lines should go.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Kovalev Riberio Zednik

Bulis Plekanec Murray

Downey Bonk Begin

Markov Komisarek

Souray Rivet

Bouillon Dandenault

I love Alexander Perezhogin, but I would rather have experience in the playoffs. Then have Sundstrom and Simpson to be scratches as well.

Comments?

If begin is ready to play for the start of the playoffs, how do you guys think the lines should go.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Kovalev Riberio Zednik

Bulis Plekanec Murray

Downey Bonk Begin

Markov Komisarek

Souray Rivet

Bouillon Dandenault

I love Alexander Perezhogin, but I would rather have experience in the playoffs. Then have Sundstrom and Simpson to be scratches as well.

Comments?

Depending on the opposition, you might want to dress Zhogs or Simpson instead of Downey... Also, Streit might prove valuable. I'm glad we've got some options... Might even consider Kostistyn(sp?)

I like your assumption that Begin will be back in time! :D

Funk Doc, I like your projected lineup. I would hope for that same one. One thing all of us Habs fans have to consider is that players can either turn on or turn off during hte playoffs. It is a different game out there once you hit playoff ice, so I like the idea of having Zednik on the second line. We need playoff experience, and we need to put the trust back into those who are struggling. Zednik was our leading scorer for the past couple of years, and he is STILL a great player, and he will turn it in for the playoffs, and so will Ribeiro - you heard it here folks.

We might not need Downey in there, so we might be able to chuck in Kotstitsyn or Perezhogin for some speed - and yes, I know they aren't playoff experienced but I think they will be fine.

Any words on Begin?

Begin is a legend; a man among boys

His never-say-die attitude gives him deserved poise.

The bravery exhibited on the ice each night

Shows Toronto what 'heart' is, and also 'bite';

For the time he chomped off a slice of the boards

He returned two periods later, and saluted the Leafs for'ds.

But whether he'll return in time for Montreal's gallant run

Is as likely as the ownership of a Cup ring by Mats Sun'.

(I'm actually not sure who we were playing when he lost those front teeth. I was just being a smartass ;) )

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Experience is always a factor in the playoffs. But the coin has two sides.

You wan't the rookies to feel the heat but at the same time it's the veterans that knows what it is all about.

I like the projected lineups but I think Perezhogin should play. I also think that Sundström is a guy that will peak his play in a playoff.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Kovalev Riberio Zednik

Bulis Plekanec Sundström

Begin Bonk Perezhogin

I don't expect the Habs to beat Carolina in seven and therefore I think it would be a good move to give the rookies all the experience they can get. And having Downey and Murray as extras is a good thing if the series get physical.

Zednik has been great in the playoffs before and therefore I think he should be on the second line and Bulis on the third. Sundström and Bonk are the ones that should take care of Staal.

Murray will be in the line up, there is no way he will be sitting. i also think the same for Perez. Experience or not Bulis and Zednick haven't done much of late.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

zednick ribiero kovalev

Perez Pleks Murray This line was great before some injuries. I don't care if they are all rookies.

Bulis Bonk Downey I'm hoping Begin will be back but who knows

Rivet Souray

Komi Markov

Dandy Streit

Murray will be in the line up, there is no way he will be sitting. i also think the same for Perez. Experience or not Bulis and Zednick haven't done much of late.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

zednick ribiero kovalev

Perez Pleks Murray This line was great before some injuries. I don't care if they are all rookies.

Bulis Bonk Downey I'm hoping Begin will be back but who knows

Rivet Souray

Komi Markov

Dandy Streit

One big problem... where's Bégin? There's no way he's sitting out if he's healthy.