Danis, Kostitsyn, Ferland And Côté Recalled

:hlogo: Danis, Kostitsyn, Ferland and Côté recalled

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/202615.html

:hlogo:

I think recalling Ferland is a little unfair to Maxim Lapierre who's a far superior player. However, it is very likely that none of these players will play in a single game, so it doesn't really matter.

I think recalling Ferland is a little unfair to Maxim Lapierre who's a far superior player. However, it is very likely that none of these players will play in a single game, so it doesn't really matter.

Isnt Lapierre already in Montreal?

That's right, I forgot Lapierre was already up. Too bad for Milroy though, I guess the organization has completely given up on him. I doubt he'll ever be an NHL regular, but he's still better than Ferland.

Milroy is a great community guy and a decent depth guy in the AHL, but his time as a developing prospect is over and Montreal definitly has given up on him and rightly so. He's a player that has never stood out on the ice when I've watched Hamilton play.

That's right, I forgot Lapierre was already up. Too bad for Milroy though, I guess the organization has completely given up on him. I doubt he'll ever be an NHL regular, but he's still better than Ferland.

Actually, Ferland progressed much faster than Milroy and is much more deserving of a call-up. Milroy just hasn't shown any significant progress in all the time he spent in the AHL. That's a guy who was picked in the same draft as Komisarek, Perezhogin and Plekanec. He should be better than he is by now.

Yeah i doubt any of them will play at all in the playoffs... but id like to see Kostitsyn in one game though.

:hlogo:

I expect these guys play before sundstrom does.

I think kostitsyn has a legitimate shot to play if one of our top 3 line players fall down.

It just occured to me that all the players recalled have played in montreal at least once this season

Edited by marky_and_komi

Actually, Ferland progressed much faster than Milroy and is much more deserving of a call-up. Milroy just hasn't shown any significant progress in all the time he spent in the AHL. That's a guy who was picked in the same draft as Komisarek, Perezhogin and Plekanec. He should be better than he is by now.

I agree that Milroy hasn't progressed enough to deserve a call-up, but Ferland just doesn't have the skills for the NHL; actually, he's not much more than a marginal player in the AHL. The only thing in his favor is his great work ethics, and the fact that people love him in the dressing room. I guess he's somewhat the Steve Begin of the Bulldogs.

I agree that Milroy hasn't progressed enough to deserve a call-up, but Ferland just doesn't have the skills for the NHL; actually, he's not much more than a marginal player in the AHL. The only thing in his favor is his great work ethics, and the fact that people love him in the dressing room. I guess he's somewhat the Steve Begin of the Bulldogs.

That's odd, because he didnt looked out of place in the pre-season. His biggest flaw seems to be his skating, but aside from that he looked pretty close to the NHL. I'm guessing that is why the Habs are calling him up.