The Score Reports Gainey Goes With Cristowall

Great !

Its just nice to hear the obvious being confirmed for....,,,!!

I wonder why it took that long to let good old fashion commun sens dominated the thought processes of our

coaching staffs ?

Great !

I wonder why it took that long to let good old fashion commun sens dominated the thought processes of our

coaching staffs ?

Always has - just because others disagree doesn't mean that Gainey doesn't use common sense.

NHL experience and an inside the dressing room perspective makes more sense any day than outside observations ever will.

This news should likely result in people making bold predictions for Huet... Well, I'm gonna start it off, and remember, you heard it here first...

Huet will score a goal.

GO HUET GO!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

Always has - just because others disagree doesn't mean that Gainey doesn't use common sense.

NHL experience and an inside the dressing room perspective makes more sense any day than outside observations ever will.

At some point you have to give what the people want........unless,....but come on, there is no unlesses

here that merits a second thought.

The Bell has been sold-out during the whole regular season yet it doesn't mean that people always

had they money's worth.....the fan's had to put up many nights with average performances coming

from an average team put together by Gainey in the summer......they where some desappointments

from that and.....from Theodore that couldn't patch up the obvious.....so much that the CH where 9 points

behind Toronto in mid-term.......and things where not getting any rosyer when it became clear that the

coach' switchover wouldn't cut it neither,........and then.......HUET,.. out of nowhere took care of our destiny.

Many Bell's attendys have felted shortchanged one way or another this year and missing the playoffs right

at the beginning of the post-lock out NewNHL era would have been a HUGE disappointment........Huet

made it happen......he was the star of this uphill battle.....he is intertwined with our plaisure to start the series.....not to see him starting in goal on the first game would have been a real downer......our chances to go far in the playoffs are limited.......so lets not spoil the party for the time it will last.

Common sens has prevailed and now its simply...GO TIME.

Great !

coaching staffs ?

My theory on this is simple. If I'm correct it means that Gainey is shrewd indeed.

Considering team politics, making both goalies feel secure and having Aebischer feel he has a good chance at starting, even in the short term is good. To just go to Huet might throw Aebischer off balance.

What happens if Aebischer is at some time called upon? Would he feel as effective knowing he's a useless spare part?

Maybe Gainey is just trying to keep a happy room together.

I think Gainey reserved the right to make this decision over time. Considering all the angles very carefully. Why would anyone make a big decision on this because the fans wanted it? Because the media wanted it?

I guess what I'm trying to say is; If you have 3 or 5 days to make a decision, why not take 4 or 5 days before revealing that decision to the public? For all we know Gainey might be trying to ignite a goalie competition. I doubt it. But in hockey, do we really ever know?

Gainey doesn't play the media's tune. He doesn't play the fans tune either.

He plays the Canadiens tune in his own good time!

He probably had Huet penciled in at the beginning for all we know.

But, we don't.

Go HUET!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

At some point you have to give what the people want........unless,....but come on, there is no unlesses

here that merits a second thought.

The Bell has been sold-out during the whole regular season yet it doesn't mean that people always

had they money's worth.....the fan's had to put up many nights with average performances coming

from an average team put together by Gainey in the summer......they where some desappointments

from that and.....from Theodore that couldn't patch up the obvious.....so much that the CH where 9 points

behind Toronto in mid-term.......and things where not getting any rosyer when it became clear that the

coach' switchover wouldn't cut it neither,........and then.......HUET,.. out of nowhere took care of our destiny.

Many Bell's attendys have felted shortchanged one way or another this year and missing the playoffs right

at the beginning of the post-lock out NewNHL era would have been a HUGE disappointment........Huet

made it happen......he was the star of this uphill battle.....he is intertwined with our plaisure to start the series.....not to see him starting in goal on the first game would have been a real downer......our chances to go far in the playoffs are limited.......so lets not spoil the party for the time it will last.

Common sens has prevailed and now its simply...GO TIME.

I have to admit that I'm a little bit confused by your posting. I'm not trying to be ignorant or a smartass, but the ...... style you use makes it a bit confusing?

Are you saying he had no common sense prior to this, or that it was temporarily missing, or what?

Please forgive me if I misunderstood this, but it seems like you said Gainey's actions have had no clear impact and the decision to start Huet suddenly indicates that he has seen the light and developed common sense.

If that is right, then I'd have to disagree with you - Gainey has had a common sense plan to this long before today. He is patiently building a winner. Along the way there will be slumps, setbacks, defeats and some controversy, but to suggest he has not been using common sense is rather misguided.

He is in the dressing room, with the players on the road and sees what's happening everyday.

Fans may disagree with his choices, but I'd have to say that he knows much more about what's best for this team than any of us fans do - no matter how passionate or convinced we might be.

Bob's building it..... and the cup is coming home some time soon! ;)

For all we know Gainey might be trying to ignite a goalie competition. I doubt it. But in hockey, do we really ever know?

Gainey doesn't play the media's tune. He doesn't play the fans tune either.

He plays the Canadiens tune in his own good time!......

Right on the money......

Gainey is not intimidated by the media and he doesn't bow to public pressure......

There will be no bloodletting under Gainey, no matter how much some may demand it in Habsland......

Bob does it his way, and he does it on his time schedule......

Habs fans - Ya gotta love that for a change!

:hlogo:

He's going to bring it home soon!

Huet has carried this team on an uphill battle the last half of the season... its great that he is starting on Saturday.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

I have to admit that I'm a little bit confused by your posting. I'm not trying to be ignorant or a smartass, but the ...... style you use makes it a bit confusing?

Are you saying he had no common sense prior to this, or that it was temporarily missing, or what?

Please forgive me if I misunderstood this, but it seems like you said Gainey's actions have had no clear impact and the decision to start Huet suddenly indicates that he has seen the light and developed common sense.

If that is right, then I'd have to disagree with you - Gainey has had a common sense plan to this long before today. He is patiently building a winner. Along the way there will be slumps, setbacks, defeats and some controversy, but to suggest he has not been using common sense is rather misguided.

He is in the dressing room, with the players on the road and sees what's happening everyday.

Fans may disagree with his choices, but I'd have to say that he knows much more about what's best for this team than any of us fans do - no matter how passionate or convinced we might be.

Right on the money......

Gainey is not intimidated by the media and he doesn't bow to public pressure......

There will be no bloodletting under Gainey, no matter how much some may demand it in Habsland......

Bob does it his way, and he does it on his time schedule......

Habs fans - Ya gotta love that for a change!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dont worry, my english is limited and it shows.....and to make matters worst, I am experiencing technical difficultys.....the difficulty being that any of my original texts always get structurally transformed after I hit

the --add reply--symbol before appearing here. All and all, I am aware that some of my posts will be confusing and sometime tidiously so,.....I am just hoping that my odds will get to improved over time.

O.K. I felt somewhat annoyed by Bob's reticence to do the obvious ( confirmation of Huet as his

playoff man ) once our playoff participation had been confirmed.

I thought that the decision process we have seen was somewhat at odd with the positive situation the team has found itself in since their playoff confirmation......it certainly hasn't enhance it in any way.

I just read Souray on TSN and he is glad to now know,... he is glad that the players know,..and he is glad that

Cristo knows.....he is glad the distraction is over..... '' lets go do it '' is how he feels now.

When asked about if he felt Huet deserved it,...

'' With all du respect to Aebisher, Huet deserve to be playing, he's done alot for this team,...look at his

numbers,...the way's he has handled things here.....I mean come on, the guy's as been nothing less than unbelievable for us. ''

In a nutshell, Souray's words reflect the common mind stance uniting the players, the fans and the medias alike in a single voice..........a commun wisdom that needed re-assurance to let loose the exponential emotions contain therein........instead everyone was put on the dreadfull stanby mode.......I mean COME ON !

I said it in my first post today...COME ON !.......even Souray felt good about using a feel good '' COME ON '' today.

I felt Gainey has been overly cerebral with the Huet situation while he hasn't been enought cerebral

when it was called for during the last inter-season when signing Dagenais and Sundstrom instead of the better options avalaible.......our season could have been much better,.. fortunately Huet has given us a chance to forget.

Edited by PB

why are people so quick to jump on Gainey for taking his time to announce who the starting goalie will be? it wasn't any disrespect towards Huet. i think he was just giving the Canes as little time as possible to study Huet full-time and i think it was a good move. he's been doing this since Aebi got his game back on, making people wonder who the goalie was gonna be each night. we've got two good goalies. playing Aebischer brought his confidence (and the team's confidence) back up, and made it a viable two-goalie system. if we have a number one goalie, we know it's Huet, but this way it makes it look like we're split 2/1 over our goalies. more time spent reviewing two goalies instead of spending all their time on Huet is good by me. and Huet's in goal. stop bitching :)

Edited by lull

As I mentionned before, it was important for Gainey to give a few starts to Aebischer before the playoffs; playing for a new team requires some ajustment. A goaltender needs to be able to anticipate the reactions of the defensemen around, and vice versa. There was little time, so both goaltenders had to share the last few starts.

Also, I'm sure Gainey has Huet in mind all along as his starting goaltender, but he's not exactly the "open book" kind of guy.

Dont worry, my english is limited and it shows.....and to make matters worst, I am experiencing technical difficultys.....the difficulty being that any of my original texts always get structurally transformed after I hit

the --add reply--symbol before appearing here. All and all, I am aware that some of my posts will be confusing and sometime tidiously so,.....I am just hoping that my odds will get to improved over time.

Quoting PB

Actually no need to apologize for your English. It's is pretty good - I could tell it isn't your first language, but it still is far better than I can do at any second language! :blush:

(Yeah technical difficuylties can suck when it comes to the modern age........)

Personally I really wonder if it wasn't a matter of Gainey not using common sense with the goaltending situation, as much it was some intuitive coaching on Gainey's part.

1/ Aebischer hadn't made many starts prior to the last few, and had struggled somewhat in those he had.

Gainey needs him ready and confident if something happens in the playoffs. Sitting on the bench watching wasn't going to solve that problem. Never has & never will......

2/ Lately Huet had actually looked tired and a bit off his game. He wasn't sharp in a couple of his last starts and it was noticeable to the trained eye. His lateral movement wasn't as fast, his positioning was just a tad off and his rebound control was a bit weaker than usual. He has never played as many key games, or as many games as he had prior to that amazing run. Let's face it he was the number two man here and in LA prior to that point in his career. His stamina may have been pushed to the limit at that point and fatigue may have been a factor in his play - if he continued to play it would then hurt the Habs in the playoffs?

I think Gainey was aware of that and adjusted his rotation to take those things into the equation.

He wants Huet hungry and rested, and he needs Aebischer ready & confident enough to jump in if necessary. Just running the course with Huet would not have served the team best in the long run, and a good coach would realize that.

And we have to realize that often what the fans want is not always in the best interest of the team - good coaches and managers have to be able to recognize that and then react accordingly.

Unlike management before him Gainey is not swayed by the mass, no matter what they may think. He looks at the overall picture, and makes decisions rationally, not emotionally. That is the true measure of a good coach.

There's lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes that factor into these decisions. It's a part of running a team in sports today - it's referred to as micro-management......

As for Souray's comments - does any one really think he would have said he disagreed - that Huet shouldn't get the start. That's called supporting your teammates in public.

(p.s. couldn't get the browser to quote this no matter how much I tried to? So did my quote this way..... sorry!)

33 Roy is on OTR tonight, he also agrees that Huet should start for the Habs in the playoffs... I would have thought that hed have chosen his protege.

33 Roy is on OTR tonight, he also agrees that Huet should start for the Habs in the playoffs... I would have thought that hed have chosen his protege.

So we've got Roy agreeing with our starting goalie, and Ovechkin predicting a 1st round upset in our favour... Sweet!

GO HABS GO!!!