Habs vs Flyers....

puck7x

Habs will probably have same lineup as Saturday with the exception of Hainsey possibly replacing Bouillon...

Not sure about goalie, since we're playing back to back...

Koivu still out...

:hlogo::hlogo::hlogo:

:ghg:

I like the fact Sundstrom is taking Ryders spot, it'll finally prove how useless that whole line is to our team.

Sunstrom-Perreault-Audette is bound for disaster lol, can't wait to see those three fail miserably and get traded for a bag of pucks. Three softies, three average players, three guys who can't skate anymore.

Ryder was the one keeping that line good.

Originally posted by Natural Mystic

well, that sucked, i dont know what happened, i had vball practice...but i can tell that it sucked....bring in saku! :(

If Gainey & Julien were waiting that the Habs sucks to bring in Saku... well he'll defenetely play next game againts Boston!

Perreault line didn't played much tonight.. I guess Julien didn't like that line and is about to break it (well he already broke it by switching Ryder for Sundstrom)

Hossa Ribeiro Zednik

Bulis Koivu Audette

Juneau Perreault Ryder

Sundstrom Begin Dackell

I think the only line that won't be touched is the 3rd line... it's the only one that has been consistent.

Even if Ribeiro has had a good start, his wingers sure haven't.

On the other line Ryder has cooled off, and Perreault & Audette are breaking down defensively more & more regularly and barely noticeable on the offensive end to boot.

I'm convinced Julien will want to please Koivu and reunite him with Zednik... beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

The problem is either Hossa or Ryder will probably get the demotion, while Perreault & Audette are the 2 biggest problems... and hence nothing will be solved.

Gainey has had some time to evaluate his players in real games, I'm sure he's decided who he wants to keep and who he can go.

While the team was hot there was no reason to make a move, but with the team starting to lose games PLUS the injured returning - the roster is getting crowded - ... it makes for one bad situation.

Perfect time to pull off a trade.

Most probable trade bait IMO: Hossa, Sundstrom, Perreault, Hainsey, Rivet, Quintal, Ward, Zednik.

Also prospects like Plekanec, Balej to name a few.

That $8 million US line played barely 9 minutes last night and was on the ice for 2 of the Flyers' 5-on-5 goals. It is definetly not a fourth line. The three of them have slowed down a step or 2 and they are notoriously soft.

When our injured players are back, our 4th line should be Kilger-Begin-Langdon. I believe Bob Gainey should call up either Plekanec of Higgins to play between Ryder and Ward.

On defense, we need players willing to use the body. If Rivet and Quintal won't do it, why not use Komi and Hainsey? :nono:

[Edited on 2003/10/28 by Moosehead]

Zednik should not be traded. In my opinion he is one of NHLs most underrated players.

One of the best skaters and give us some goals. And he's not overpaid like many others.

I would rather see Koivu traded than Zednik.

Good move to get Ryder away from those bums.

Add another bum (Sundstrom) to the line and they were the worst line on the ice for the habs.

The line that started out as the fourth even got more ice time!

it's time to get rid of softies like Sundstrom Perreault and Audette, especially Audette. 3 million dollars a year for him has to be the biggest waste of Cash in the NHL, it could be used in a lot better places.

Perreault is not a bad player, but he lacks defensive skills and he's a soft player, two area where the habs desperately need improvement and once Koivu comes back Perreault would be an obvious choice to let go.

Julien needs to find a new second line and keep them together, even if they have a bad game once in awhile keep them playing together and let them get use to eachother.

Hossa-Koivu-Zednik

Ryder-Ribs-Ward

Bulis-Juneau-Dackell

Kilger-Begin-Audette

And for god sakes CJ play Hainsey!!! Neither of our top d-men for next year, Hainsey and Komi, are playing which is really stupid. How are they gonna develop and learn from there mistakes if there not out there playing.

Keep Bouillon in the prss box and scrap either rivet or Quintal and let the kids play.

:ghg:

Zednik should not be traded. In my opinion he is one of NHLs most underrated players.  

One of the best skaters and give us some goals. And he's not overpaid like many others.  

I would rather see Koivu traded than Zednik.  

I agree Zednik is very good, but only when he gives a damn. He hasn't since about January last year, and lately, he's becoming very dumb with the puck. He doesn't skate like he can and he floats way too much. I'm very disapointed in what I've seen lately from him. If he keeps it up, he'll be expendable.