Begin Update?

GoHabs2002

Anyone hear anything of Begin?

I know he started skating a few days ago. My bet is he plays Friday. Koivu should be gone for the playoffs. Sundin's injury seemed less severe and he was gone 5 weeks just from the swelling, so I don't expect Koivu to be back.

If Begin plays, put Pleks up with Ryder and Higgy and move Begin with Zed and Zhog and I think we can play our lines without missing a beat...and we can hope Begin can create a spark that will overcome any mental hit that the Koivu and Game 3 losses created.

I know he started skating a few days ago. My bet is he plays Friday. Koivu should be gone for the playoffs. Sundin's injury seemed less severe and he was gone 5 weeks just from the swelling, so I don't expect Koivu to be back.

If Begin plays, put Pleks up with Ryder and Higgy and move Begin with Zed and Zhog and I think we can play our lines without missing a beat...and we can hope Begin can create a spark that will overcome any mental hit that the Koivu and Game 3 losses created.

I suspect he is OK for Friday or Sunday.

If not bring on Kostitsyn I figure.

Plekanec on the first line would be decent. Higgins and Plekanec are familar with each from Hamilton, and as long as someone can get Ryder the puck in the slot, he'll be good. Might make for an interesting line.

Well I would bet more on Bonk playing with Higgins and Ryder and Downey being in the lineup for the 4th line.

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Zednik were the best trio yesterday, can't brake that up ?

Higgins could play some C also et use to be one.

Gainey might dress a 7th defenceman also and play Kovalev on 2 lines.

Edited by Theberge43

I think Sundin broke a bone though, and that would lead to a longer period of swelling... Let's hope there's no serous damage, and that Saku is fine soon...

The Sundin and Koivu injuries are not the same at all.

Sundin had a fracture of an orbital bone - which is just like any other bone, set it and it will heal.

Unfortunately for Koivu, his injury is to the optic globe which involves a lot of delicate soft tissues that cannot be simply "fixed" and expected to heal. The details of his injury will come out over the next coming days to weeks. Cross your fingers.