Laraque Will Accept Being A Habs Now.

Although I like his play, there's no way Montreal has the room for a player of his type. With Begin, Murray, and Downie, along with some young guys coming up, I think we're set in that department.

It's an obvious link because he's a French Canadian, but I don't expect to see him in Montreal next season.

RDS story regarding Laraque

Laraque says he wouldn't mind being a habs now.

so? :unsure:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Worrel is still available (but might be still drunk :P ) and has less of a "superstar" attitude.

I think Worrell is close to being an outcast. Many teams from the LHNA tried to sign him during the lock-out and then last season, but it looks like there's something fishy about Worrell. Maybe he got one too many punch to the head and is on the Gino Odjick path to self-implosion.

Beside, Worrell was having a hard-time sticking in the NHL back in the old clutch-and-grab days. I doubt he'd be able to be nothing more than a reservist.

I dont think goons are too relevant in today's hockey unless they can also score.

Though I just wished, if the Habs really want a goon, to stop going for those fringe-NHLers like Ivanans, Vandermeer & Co. Get a real heavyweight or dont get one at all.

I think Worrell is close to being an outcast. Many teams from the LHNA tried to sign him during the lock-out and then last season, but it looks like there's something fishy about Worrell. Maybe he got one too many punch to the head and is on the Gino Odjick path to self-implosion.

Beside, Worrell was having a hard-time sticking in the NHL back in the old clutch-and-grab days. I doubt he'd be able to be nothing more than a reservist.

I dont think goons are too relevant in today's hockey unless they can also score.

Though I just wished, if the Habs really want a goon, to stop going for those fringe-NHLers like Ivanans, Vandermeer & Co. Get a real heavyweight or dont get one at all.

Worrel has big consumption problems.

However, on the ice, he might not be able to score as much as Laraque, but is so intimidating. I remember fearing the MTL-COL or MTL-FLA games because of him and I was 15km from there, behind my tv screen. Imagine on the ice :P

He's a monster :D

Laraque's style of hockey would be a good fit for a young team like Montreal. But, and this is a big but, there has to be no attitude from Georgie. None of this oh Im so good put me on the top line crap.

I wouldn't mind Laraque assuming he is asking for a reasonable paycheck. Aside from his anti-Montreal comments, there is very little to complain about his role; keeping people away from the net, rushing the opposing goalie and smashing the hell out of people in the corners. I think he would be a good motivator.

But for God sake, no Domi!

Yeah there is no real need for an enforcer anymore. Not sure why the Domi rumours have started popping up. Hopefully Gainey and Carbonneau arn't as big on him as purported to be.

With Rivet, Souray, Downey and Komisarek all able to tussle the odd time, there isn't really a need to waste a roster position and salary cap money on a one dimensional goon.

I wouldnt want him here at all.

I find it wrong that he clams this is the last palce he would want to go all of a sudden he wants to come now.

How conveniant when his contract is up.

Habs should say it straight up that we dont want him so that he cant use us as a bargining chip to resign elsewhere.

Now if he had said he wouldnt play anywhere other then for the oilers that differnt but he said that and that Montreal would be the last place he would play.

hmm why the change of heart.

Worrel is still available (but might be still drunk :P) and has less of a "superstar" attitude.

Peter Worrell? Don't you mean Andreas Lilja?

Yeah there is no real need for an enforcer anymore. Not sure why the Domi rumours have started popping up. Hopefully Gainey and Carbonneau arn't as big on him as purported to be.

With Rivet, Souray, Downey and Komisarek all able to tussle the odd time, there isn't really a need to waste a roster position and salary cap money on a one dimensional goon.

grammar police...it is aren't, :P

grammar police...it is aren't, :P

Congratulations, how many posts did you have to look at to find that. I also said in that grammar post that I didn't mind spelling mistakes....but congatulations on finding an error...loser

As for Laraque, if playing for the Habs wasn't good enough before, it certainly isn't any better now

Congratulations, how many posts did you have to look at to find that. I also said in that grammar post that I didn't mind spelling mistakes....but congatulations on finding an error...loser

That's really nice, it actually took me 30 secs. The mistakes you made on your other posts were already flagged by other posters. I guess apostrophe's are all that irks you? All of this because I said there was cap room! You seem to have a problem when someone challenges your thoughts.