Game 7

Fanpuck33

Good first period. Both teams had chances and both teams were skating well and hitting hard.

What do you guys think about the no penalty shot call? I think it's ridiculous. They didn't blow the whistle until Edmonton has possession, and that possession was illegal. I think it should have been called a penalty shot and then a PP regardless if he missed, since the penalty shot was a different penalty.

How funny, the guy that basically killed the habs with a stick to the face scores the clinching goal in the finals.

Those were pretty much the first words out of my mouth when he got the goal. Gah.

Those were pretty much the first words out of my mouth when he got the goal. Gah.

At least it wasn't an intentional penalty. To me, all it did was show that the Habs lack team leadership and are not strong enough to overcome an injury to a single player. And if you think about it, Montreal really was outplayed in the two games they won. Carolina was the better team in Game 1, Montreal just happened to get all the best bounces. In my opinion, Ward won the series for them, Williams didn't lose it for us.

And I gotta say, I agree with the Cane who was overheard yelling "F*** the refs!" as he lifted the Cup. The officiating in the 3rd period was brutal. They totally put the whistles away. The most obvious missed call was when Pronger hauled down Cole, which led directly to Edmonton coming down the ice and scoring their goal.

I agree with what you've said. Just as a fan, everytime I'm going to hear Justin Williams name, or see him score a goal I'll remember the clip to Koivu's eye, albeit accidental, and how the team fell apart after that.

Thus, when he got that goal, sure enough that's what entered my mind. I do not blame him for the injury or the Habs early exit. It's just one of those things you can't forget... kinda like Donald Audette's wrist getting run over by Dvorak who played for the Rangers at the time, or Trent McLeary's thoat getting hammered by Flyer's Chris Therien slapshot.

Hopefully, the injury to Koivu's eye will not be as harmful to his career as the ones I mentioned. :hlogo:

Carolina really turned it all around, especially in the 1st two periods. Tney really put the pressure on the Oilers and shut down the Oilers offence. They deserved last night's win. :clap:

Nevertheless... boooo............... :puke: :puke:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

I admit, it ran through my head also that I wished someone else had scored the clincher. But at least it wasn't anything like McLaren's hit on Zednik back in 2002. To this day I can't stand McLaren.

OMG, how could I have forgotten that one? hahaha. I had an itch when I wrote about the other 2 that I was missing something... lolz, but with Zed being one of my Fav players and all, I'm surprised it didn't pop into my head. I'll blame it on his off year ;).