Hard Work Pays Off

Tony

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/208025.html

Anyone remember Maxime Boisvert? He's the Haitien sniper in the QJMHL who scored 70 goals last season.

Well no one drafted him but that didn't stop him from potentially joining the NHL in the future. He signed a deal with the Springfield Falcons (Tampa Bay Lightning's farm team).

Could this be Marty St-Louis Part II in the making?

http://www.rds.ca/lhjmq/chroniques/208025.html

Anyone remember Maxime Boisvert? He's the Haitien sniper in the QJMHL who scored 70 goals last season.

Well no one drafted him but that didn't stop him from potentially joining the NHL in the future. He signed a deal with the Springfield Falcons (Tampa Bay Lightning's farm team).

Could this be Marty St-Louis Part II in the making?

It's Boisclair but, yes, I remember the talk about this kid. I'm surprised he wasn't drafted. It seems he was paired with some highly skilled players but, like Sarhei Kostitsyn, his success may have been, in part, due to playing with them but the converse likely very well applies too.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

It's bizare when good players never get drafted and dont make it into the NHL.

I know 1 guy, who was the Captain of the Canadian World Junior team, and I beleive they won Gold that year. afaik, he was never drafted. :o

What makes this more bizare, is that this guy was a Defenseman, and he never made it into the NHL. :blink:

It gets really bizare, because this guy was Pronger's defense partner in the WJ's. How can a guy be picked as Captain over Pronger, and never make the NHL. :wacko:

It happens all the time. Some kid led the CHL in scoring and was never drafted.

Basically, listen to the pros whenever they talk. They always say to never show up at the draft if you're not sure of getting drafted, it will only make matters worse when reality sinks in.