That loss hurts bad!!!

sabumnimhabs

Man, its a shame to see the habs loss when they are ahead like that and how hard they played. Philly didn't even desrve a point from that game. I don't know about you, but I am all for sending Garon to the minors and brining in Oliver Michaud. Any post game thoughts?

Michaud, don't think he's ready yet. He wasn't even playing for Hamilton last time I checked.

And I agree, we really should have got this win.. The team deserved it, and Garon deserved it..

Well, we better get Rangers..

:ghg:

Sending Garon to the minors? Give me a break. He's every bit as good as José.

I agree though, it hurts. We even got 38 shots on goal.

I hate to blame anyone for the loss, but Sundstom could have made an effort to get in the way of Ragnarsson's shot for the second goal, and Rivet probably could have tied up Leclair in front for the third goal.

[Edited on 2003/12/9 by jl.roberts]

FCUK!

These losses are so god damn frustrating...this will be in the back of my head all week long...just as Philly tie, and you're about to knock yourself unconcious going like this: :wall: you still try to stay positive..."ah well, one point is still better than nothing...if we're lucky we can still take this home in the OT..."....and BAM, the door shuts...

Personally, right now I'd be happier if we'd lost this game 15-0.

Anyways...let's just hope our guys can keep this consistant play up...they are looking like a team more and more for each game...go habs!

MIchaud is playing in his country right now, but Garon needs some fine tuning. When it comes to clutch and positioning he's not there. Its more of a mental thing than anything else. He definitely has the ability to be a good goalie, granted, but I am a little concerned about his state of mind in tough times. Maybe I was a little harsh and unrational, but he needs some fine tuning. Look at Theo, he was not really doing all that well, then they sent him to the minors and he played in the Labatt blue pick up cup. This was a few years ago, and he came back a new goalie. I am just Garon might need something like that and until then a replacement could be good and I know that MIchaud did play some games for the habs a while back and he did a damn good job at it. Just something to spark ideas and fans b/c we all know that'll never happen!!

That game hurt alot to watch at the arena... my heart dropped after the Flyers 3rd goal , along with the hearts of all the habs fans there , to make matters worse I was sitting near 4 flyers fans (though , they werent that bad , not as bad as the Oilers ones I dealt with earlier this year , surprisingly...)

Man this loss hurts.... Habs about to beat top team in NHL , habs about to go unbeaten in 6 games...

ARGH!!!!

Dont even know who to blame... Garon? the defense on the flyers 2-3rd goals? the forwards on those goals? ugh...

dont blame garon they were all good goals just missed checking asignments,rivet should have been all over leclair,garon no chance on that one and dackell should have had jonnason,but im not mad about this game to many positives,thats the best habs game i saw this year and if not for hackett we would have won 5 or 6 to 3,the lines looked the best to me yet,we it one of the few times we didnt look smaller to our oppents,we fought tooth and nail and we had them on the ropes but the team will learn from this loss.to me the worse player was rivet is he hiding an injury or something cause i cant remember him being so slow,he should sit for a game or two hes brutil,patrice had another solid game and komo used his size in front of the net,if we play this way the rest of the year we will be in the top 4 of our divison.

I can't recall the last time I went from being so high to so low that fast.

It was great to see them play that agressivley all the way around, though. I hope it stays that way.

I would,'t blame Garon, either. He is an excellent goalie, but I can't help but wonder a bit why Theo was not in net against a team like Philly.

Nothing against Mathieu, but why did Theo get 2 in a row against Carolina, when having Garon pick up that 2ng game against the Hurricanes & playing Theo against the top team in the league seems to be more sensible?

If this topic has been discussed before, I apologize, I haven't seen it.

Also, the last I heard on Michaud was him going to the ECHL to play w/ Columbus.

I doubt he's an upgrade at this point from Garon as Theo's back up for a full season.

Garon, again, is excellent &, to me, has earned the job.

Bringing Michaud, who isn't even playing in Hamilton is plain silly.

Demoting Garon?? He's been very solid, a perfect #2... if Theo gets hurt I can rest easy because we have this guy to back him up.

If he'd play regularly he'd be even better, I'd bet just as good as Theo although he hasn't had the chance to prove it yet. It'll take a Theo injury for us to really find out... just as Theo needed a Hackett injury to have a chance to show his full potential.

I said in the HW recap... the Habs failed to cover the Philly point men 3 times, and it cost them 3 goals. That, plus Rivet leaving LeClair untouched to deflect the last goal with a minute left.

http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=203

None of it was Garon's fault, to the contrary he made a few great saves to keep us in it.. namely the split on the breakaway.

As for the game itself, I'll take a loss like this over a 6-1 laugher any day. As long as the Habs play hard ans stick up for each other out there... win or lose I'll be happy.

Speaking of that though... I didn't like how Primeau charged Garon and nobody went after him right away. But Bouillon did crush him in the board later in the game, and on a seperate occasion Komisarek dropped 'em when Handzus came into contact with our goalie. So it's still an improvement.

[Edited on 9-12-03 by Habs77]

Amazing! This was one of those games that I had to keep shaking my head to believe it was really the Habs playing. They dominated the Flyers. The Flyers!!! They had jump, energy quickness and toughness. The Philly D couldn't keep up. Komisarek sending a message to Handzus was huge as was Souray's hit on LeClair. When was the last time a Canadien flattened LeClair?

I got the feeling watching the game last night, that the confidence was growing as the game wore on. They seemed to realize they could play and even beat the Flyers.

Then the tying goal on poor coverage and mental mistakes. That deflated the guys and you could see it coming. The turning point was not realizing that the Flyers would be desperate in the final minutes. That's where Julien needed to calm things down, a time-out after the tying goal, match lines better. How could Rivet forget about LeClair and leave him untouched? Koivu is right. They need to learn to play the last 10 minutes like a winner. I hope they get encouraged from this. If they played every game like the first 53 minutes of this game, they would be right up there.