British Open 2006

Chips

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/news_story/?ID=171925&hubname=

The British Open started yesterday. Tiger has a commanding lead again on day two. He's 12 under par, with a openning round 67 and a 65 today.

There aren't too many golfers who have won the British open back to back. I'm a Tiger fan, can Woods win another? Who might upset his try for the second British open in a row?

Canadians in the hunt. Ames 3 under par, Weir is 1 under par today.

Els, DeMarco shot a round of 65 as well...

Leader Board as of 2pm Fri July 21st.

Pos Player Holes Par

1 Tiger WOODS 18 -12

2 Ernie ELS 18 -11

3 Chris DIMARCO 18 -9

4 Retief GOOSEN 18 -8

T5 Miguel Angel JIMÉNEZ 18 -7

T5 Adam SCOTT 18 -7

T5 Mikko ILONEN 18 -7

8 Robert ROCK 18 -6

T9 Thaworn WIRATCHANT 18 -5

T9 Rory SABBATINI 18 -5

Its Golfin' Season, any guesses?

Edited by Chips

Well, Tiger's Lead is not so commanding anymore. Can he hold onto that tomorrow. Els, and DeMarco both shot 65, even Goosen's keeping pace. So Woods needs to keep this pace up for the next two days.

If he does this would be the first major win since the passing of his father.

Good news or should I say bad news for the golfers. The weather for sat. includes rain showers, day three is moving day and should be fun to watch. Woods strategy has been to out drive the bunkers to keep them out of play and if the weather turns that should negate the advantage for Woods.

As Pierre points out maybe the weather will not return as its usual unpredictable self, however the rain showers could make this a tougher challenge for the golfers.

Edited by Chips

I'd love to see a Woods and Garcia battle tomorrow! The weather is good, a very talented bunch of players grouped up on top, it won't be a walk in the park for anyone, but I certainly will be pulling for Tiger! His game today was crappy, Garcia on the other hand, played into and out of trouble and walked away in great shape.

Edited by Chips