Rds Article On Denis Morel, New Habs Scout

habscout

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209293.html

What I found interesting is that Morel has no scouting experience. Gainey must have liked something about Morel to hire him for this type of position.

he mentionned that he liked the fact that morel as officated in over than 1000gms.

he said that D M might not have that much scouting experience but he has alot of hockey experience and he could do the job.

besides, he won't be by himself, Michel boucher will with him.

Mtl as done better at drafting quebec talent. now with 2 scouts, we.ll have eyes allover the league so we don't let a patrice bergeron slip between our hands once again

Well with Andre Savard gone, Habs needed someone to take over the scouting in the Q. Its a Grade-A territory because it's the Habs backyard, so Gainey needed to have it covered a.s.a.p.

I wonder how Morel will do; and how his unusual experience will factor in. It might make him more open and less biased for or against a certain type of player; which sometimes happens when ex-players turn scout. We'll see.

Interestingly, all of the 'talkbacks' accompanying the article are positive. That's unusual in that they aren't always, even with regards to French-Canadiens & Québécois players.

So, there's been, at least, a positive respoonse to the hiring of Morel.

I hope it turns out ok for all concerned.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Can teams hire as much personel as they wish? Or is there a limit?

There's no limit on personnel for any team. That's an area that the CBA does not apply to since the issue is strictly management oriented.

More scouts is always better, then.

still we've drafted players from the Q or quebecois players in almost every year.

latendresse, urqu,hart, lapierre, carles are all 2nd round players and we might have some steals in philippe paquet, mathieu aubin..

so we've been doing fine in drafting local talent..better than the fans would admit(espsecially the french media)

These hirings were purely and simply extra GRAVY!

Especially the Gainey extension! :hlogo:

Denis Morel was hired by Gainey. He and the rest of the crew join the retained Pierre Gauthier.

Does any team in the NHL have an assistant GM who has as much head GM experience other than the Habs?

This is awesome. Hail Denis Morel :king:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

These hirings were purely and simply extra GRAVY!

Especially the Gainey extension! :hlogo:

Denis Morel was hired by Gainey. He and the rest of the crew join the retained Pierre Gauthier.

Does any team in the NHL have an assistant GM who has as much head GM experience other than the Habs?

This is awesome. Hail Denis Morel :king:

I am sooooooooooo down with this hiring too,

I think the fact the DM has refed in over 1000 games gives him an eye for talent that only a ref can spot.

He has seen how over inflated rookies are truely on the ice just like the unnoticed one that end up being REAL hockey heros or players.

HAIL MOREL AND MOST OF ALL IN BOB WE TRUST!!!