Fischer Succeeds In Usa Camp, At Defense

habscout

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8...ded&order=0

I like reading about Fischer's leadership capabilities, and how well he gets along with this teammates.

Nice article... encouraging stuff... I hope it's not a lot of biased fluff. :huh:

The leadership thing is important, so far as I'm concerned. People like him & Chipchura & Higgins, as long as they're on the same page will go a long way to make this team a solid, focused one. :):):)

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Nice article... encouraging stuff... I hope it's not a lot of biased fluff. :huh:

The leadership thing is important, so far as I'm concerned. People like him & Chipchura & Higgins, as long as they're on the same page will go a long way to make this team a solid, focused one. :):):)

as I write this, I'm listening a terry ryan interview. I seems like we're lightyears from this era...thank god

I don'T know if david fisher will make the american junior team since there's alot of talent on D but I'm glad to see that he can play with the best.

With Fisher and Price coming in the future the team should be able to attract new young fans ... ages 2-8 :lol: :1special:

all kidding aside ... good article ... hopefully he can keep improving on the skills he has ... he could be come a top pairing d-man and a power play quarterback :D

I'm loving this. These players are either slated to play in the U20's or they were or are being considered. Some might not go due to injuries. But, to have this many? :P

Carey Price

Sergei Kostitsyn

Juraj Mikus

David Fischer

Guillaume Latendresse

Ben Maxwell

Pavel Valentenko

Anyone I missed?

:hlogo:

Maybe a bit too early to call boom or bust, what do you guys think? He was a step behind the premier prospects at last months mini camp, so I'm a little worried.

Maybe a bit too early to call boom or bust, what do you guys think? He was a step behind the premier prospects at last months mini camp, so I'm a little worried.

but i can play with the likes of johnson, mitera, wishart...so he's not that bad

Fischer is a great pick. It's the last Savvy Savard draft we'll have. Maybe he'll be back someday. The Gainey-Savard-Gauthier-Timmons crew picked well. :hlogo:

No worries at all

PS. I can't be angry at Savard that he left for the Pens. He had the class to give us one more draft and then he made his decision. Classy.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Fischer is a great pick. It's the last Savvy Savard draft we'll have. Maybe he'll be back someday. The Gainey-Savard-Gauthier-Timmons crew picked well. :hlogo:

No worries at all

PS. I can't be angry at Savard that he left for the Pens. He had the class to give us one more draft and then he made his decision. Classy.

I don't think that savard had anything to do with the draft this year. he was more involved in hamilton than anything else.

I don't think that savard had anything to do with the draft this year. he was more involved in hamilton than anything else.

Savard was scouting the Q cause people I know saw him at several games this year in Drummondville. Savard has an eye for talent, you don't have an asset like that and not use it.

Savard was scouting the Q cause people I know saw him at several games this year in Drummondville. Savard has an eye for talent, you don't have an asset like that and not use it.

so we owe him for guys like latendresse and carle ??

one thing that bothers me is that he was asked about johnathan bernier and said he didn't know about him even if he was playing with aubin !!

one thing that bothers me is that he was asked about johnathan bernier and said he didn't know about him even if he was playing with aubin !!

Scouts dont watch everyone. They dont have time to. They usually go to games with a selected list of players to watch. If Bernier wasn't on Savard's list, odds are good he never bothered looking at him. Or might have been as simple as Bernier wasn't starting on the games Savard saw.

Well, that does seem kind of weird... the only thing that could account for that is that Bernier wasn't playing the games that Savard attended.

I'd have to hear Savard say that myself since that doesn't make any sense due to the Habs having a prospect in Lewiston for the last 2 years in Halak and Aubin.

I'll also add that we owe Savard for guys like Danis, Cote, Sanford, Benoit and Lemieux on top of drafted prospects.

Edited by montreal

I'd have to hear Savard say that myself since that doesn't make any sense due to the Habs having a prospect in Lewiston for the last 2 years in Halak and Aubin.

I'll also add that we owe Savard for guys like Danis, Cote, Sanford, Benoit and Lemieux on top of drafted prospects.

Reasonable free agent picks too? :?-

I don't know if Danis is Savard's legacy. Might be. :mellow:

Reasonable free agent picks too? :?-

I don't know if Danis is Savard's legacy. Might be. :mellow:

Savard was the one that was interested in Danis, he tried to sign him when he was GM after Danis's junior year but Yann wanted to stay in school, from what I'm told. After his outstanding senior year, of course other teams got on board, I know the flyers were one team that offered him a contract but Gainey was able to land him.

Savard was the one that was interested in Danis, he tried to sign him when he was GM after Danis's junior year but Yann wanted to stay in school, from what I'm told. After his outstanding senior year, of course other teams got on board, I know the flyers were one team that offered him a contract but Gainey was able to land him.

I was wondering if you might know the answer to my previous question Montreal. That is, are there any other players that have been considered at the U20's by their nations other than these guys for the Habs:

Carey Price

Sergei Kostitsyn

Juraj Mikus

David Fischer

Guillaume Latendresse

Ben Maxwell

Pavel Valentenko

?

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

I was wondering if you might know the answer to my previous question Montreal. That is, are there any other players that have been considered at the U20's by their nations other than these guys for the Habs:

Carey Price

Sergei Kostitsyn

Juraj Mikus

David Fischer

Guillaume Latendresse

Ben Maxwell

Pavel Valentenko

?

No that would be it and I don't know if Valentenko has been considered for the U-20 team unless your going off him playing for Team Russia at the Remax games. As a guess I'd say Lats, Price, Kostitsyn and Mikus will play at the wjc's. Fischer could make the team this year but the top 5 or 6 spots might be filled already and there are always political overtones with Team USA. I beleive that Fischer snubbed their national junior program, they asked him to join but he chose to stay with his HS team due to an injury and his mother being really sick. This might hurt his chances, tough to say. Maxwell I don't expect him to make this years team but getting an invite to camp is a good step. I'll find out more about Valentenko. I just heard that his team Neftekhimik signed Grot another LD, which could cost him some ice time since Grot is already a solid defensemen in the RSL.