Do You Like The Permanent Rumour Thread?

Gman

I personally do not like it, because as the rumour sites have shown there are tons of Habs rumours. Only one thread would make for one hell of a long list of multiple conversations mixed with multiple rumours.

Edit: this topic isn't open for discussion, see the last post of the thread.

Edited by Fanpuck33

I personally do not like it, because as the rumour sites have shown there are tons of Habs rumours. Only one thread would make for one hell of a long list of multiple conversations mixed with multiple rumours.

My thoughts exactly.

Yes - Because some believe that these rumors are not near accurate what-so-ever, and don't even deserve their own thread. Therefore, we let them on the forums, but they have to go in one thread.

I think it's annoying seeing 4 people posting the same thread 4 times on a silly rumor that will never happen. I wouldn't mind it so much if people paid more attention to this but sadly it isn't the case.

I know I'd be fet up of closing the same threads over and over if I were a mod.

There are enough rumors[and sites] floating around, from Eklund, Code etc. that if you want to read about the "latest trade" go to their sites.

I come here for HABS info; sure we all like to voice our opinions on who we should go after/trade etc.... but just because someone on some board posts a "rumor" it doesn't have to be posted here.

Especially some of the latest Malkin(to the Habs), Komi(to the Isle)...etc are just stupid.

Remember, Bob goes about his business and is very quiet about it. So if we're hearing all these rumors out of Montreal, there probably way off.............

Hey, there are rules against using BS sources, so we don't allow threads based off of them. Guys like Eklund might really talk to insiders, but he does not constitute a legitimate source. He has nobody checking his facts. He could get away with posting just about anything. His site is about making money, not getting the inside scoop.

Having one thread was a generous compromise. The members who like such rumors get to talk about them and everyone who hates BS rumors doesn't have to sort through threads trying to figure out which threads are about legit sources and which are from BS sources.

This isn't open to discussion.