Bergeron Signs

MAK

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/211246.html

good news for him but overpaid..for now.

Wow, that's a big contract for a kid that's barely 20 yrs old. Though on the other hand, 29 teams are kicking themselves in the head for passing on him at the draft.

On other news, I hear Simon Gagné hasn't received any news from Philly. Doesn't looks good on that front. And you know the longer Gagné's unsigned, the more rumors will pop up about him coming to Montreal in a trade.

Wow, that's a big contract for a kid that's barely 20 yrs old. Though on the other hand, 29 teams are kicking themselves in the head for passing on him at the draft.

On other news, I hear Simon Gagné hasn't received any news from Philly. Doesn't looks good on that front. And you know the longer Gagné's unsigned, the more rumors will pop up about him coming to Montreal in a trade.

he would be so pissed off to be in montreal...coming from qc

anyway, every french player will be rumored to come in montreal at one point in his career

OMG WE HAVE PROOF JETS WAS A HABS FAN :o :o :o :o

He probably still is ;)

Svatos wants $$ or else it's Europe for him, that's my guess. Also that Avs have no great prospect pool so he's using that to his advantage.

After the 05 and 06 draft, our prospect pool is at the best it's ever been. Thats not really saying much though. Either way though, 5 mil is EXTREME. We won't even be able to trade him if thats truely what hes asking for.

And I've said before I like the Habs, they make my top 3 NHL teams B)

Most people haven't noticed that Nikolai Zherdev hasn't signed yet either. He's threatening to play in Europe if not signed by this week. From what I read on TSN, Columbus only offered him a 1-year $1.5M contract and a multi-year $2M. No wonder he rejected them. If I were Zherdev I would be looking for atleast double those.

Most people haven't noticed that Nikolai Zherdev hasn't signed yet either. He's threatening to play in Europe if not signed by this week. From what I read on TSN, Columbus only offered him a 1-year $1.5M contract and a multi-year $2M. No wonder he rejected them. If I were Zherdev I would be looking for atleast double those.

He still needs a couple years before he can really prove himself. If I was Columbus, I'd top out at 3 mil a year (and even thats stretching it). Maybe Fanpuck can give us better insight into what he's deserving of.