Bulldogs To Take Some Oilers Prospects After All

shortcat1

The Hamilton Bulldogs roster will also include some Oilers prospects this year after all :( . It's a part of an agreement between the Oilers and four other NHL teams (Detroit, Nashville, Pittsburg & Dallas).

At this point, it's unknown how many & who will be added to the Bulldogs roster. I hope that there's no goaltenders. :(

Personally, I'm somewhat disappointed :angry: by this development but I'm sure that the Canadiens/Bulldogs executives had their reasons for doing this. On the Bulldogs positive side, this will likely help to build a more competitive team but, on the Canadiens negative side it'll mean less ice time at the AHL level for our own prospects. :(:(

I guess that means more kids will be going to the ECHL :( . (Who's their new team again?)

The Oilers are planning to set up their own team for next year (the 2007-08 season).

Here's the tsn.ca related site:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=176097&hubname=

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

This decison was reached some time ago. At first Hamilton said "no" to Lowe but changed their mind later. The news is actually the other 4 teams. Edmonton has been granted only 2 spots on the Dogs.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

This is great news.

The Bulldogs ARE TERRIBLE right now. I'm sure the Oilers know that they can't send a goalie prospect since this was one of the quirks that was most likely worked out.

Either way, the Bulldogs need some offense. I hope they send Pouliot.

This is all win for the Bulldogs and the Habs. As the franchise owners, the Habs get to put their prospects' needs first, and everyone gets to play on a better team because there are a couple more actual NHL prospects on it thanks to the Oilers. A split team is bad for everyone, a majority/minority team is only bad for the minority, who have no say over who plays.

This is all win for the Bulldogs and the Habs. As the franchise owners, the Habs get to put their prospects' needs first.

the montreal canadiens do not own the bulldogs

And I think it shows that the Habs don't own the Bulldogs. Season ticket owners have decreased every year the Habs have been in Hamilton. That's how much they care about fielding a championship squad. They are more concerned about prospect development.

Bulldogs owner can't wait to end their agreement with the Habs.

Awesome. I knew Cincy was getting their ECHL team back after losing both them and their AHL team in the last couple years, but I had no idea the Habs would be affiliated with them.

Looks like the Cyclones get to play in US Bank Arena right on the Ohio River. I'm sure the players are glad they won't be in the Cincinnati Gardens, which opened in 1949. The 7th largest arena in the US when it was built, the Habs played the first ever hockey game there, against their USHL affiliate, Dallas. Probably a fantastic arena when it was built, but they really let it get run down, it really shows its age. Plus parking is in a dirt lot down a nasty hill when icy.

hey fanpuck, will you see some games ?? you could be our insider

Unlikely. I'm back living in Columbus, so it's over a 2 hour drive to Cincy for me. Not really worth the effort, especially since it's only the ECHL. Gas would cost more than the tickets.

And I think it shows that the Habs don't own the Bulldogs. Season ticket owners have decreased every year the Habs have been in Hamilton. That's how much they care about fielding a championship squad. They are more concerned about prospect development.

A championship team would be nice to see, but prospect development is the main purpose of the Bulldogs.

For the Habs yes, prospect development is the only thing that matters. Not so much for the Bulldogs' owner.

I wouldn't mind having robbie shremp and marc antoine pouliot in hamilton with our young team

besides, I'd rather see a kid like mathieu aubin play on the first line in cincinati then on the 4th in hamilton

I wouldn't mind having robbie shremp and marc antoine pouliot in hamilton with our young team

besides, I'd rather see a kid like mathieu aubin play on the first line in cincinati then on the 4th in hamilton

and that's likely what you'll see. With all of the forwards on the team, likely he'll be in the same boat as Michëal Lambert and Cory Urquhart were a couple of years ago.

That's why the team didnt last long when it was the Quebec Citadelles.

Personaly, I'd just put the AHL team in Montreal, maybe in what used to be Verdun or something like that. There's no junior hockey anywhere near, so all you've got to compete against is the LNAH. You dont need tons in attendance anyway.

Personaly, I'd just put the AHL team in Montreal, maybe in what used to be Verdun or something like that. There's no junior hockey anywhere near, so all you've got to compete against is the LNAH. You dont need tons in attendance anyway.

Interesting graphics at your website :):mellow: B) ... it is your website, I take it?

At the Denis Savard Arena? :) Why not?

and that's likely what you'll see. With all of the forwards on the team, likely he'll be in the same boat as Michëal Lambert and Cory Urquhart were a couple of years ago.

I hope that aubin will be better then those two guy...they won't be playing in the nhl soon

I hope that aubin will be better then those two guy...they won't be playing in the nhl soon

You're likely right. I do have a 'sentimental' favouritism for Michaël Lambert but it doesn't look good.

Actually I believe Aubin will probably return to Quebec Junior for one more year. He still has one year of junior eligibility left. So does Matt D'agostini. I think it will be better off for both of them. Getting a lot of icetime rather then a few minutes with the dogs. I don't think it would hurt to carry a few oiler prospects this year as long as it's not a goalie. I'm pretty sure Gainey has made that clear. With Danis, Halak and Desjardins there's just no room.