First Round Of Cuts To Come Today

Mr. Nasty

The most frustrating thing about Cory Urqhuart is that Patrice Bergeronm Dan Fritsche and Matt Carle were taken 5, 6 and 7 spots after him. Can't believe Andre Savard blew that one???

I always hate posts like this. Who cares who was taken around him. It's all a crap shoot. If you look the other way, these guys were taken immediately before him. Ryan Stone, Loui Eriksson, Mike Egener, Konstantin Glazachev, Vojtech Polak, Kevin Klein, Kamil Kreps, Tim Ramholt. It doesn't prove anything. No one has the crystal ball. Urqhuart has skill but hasn't turned out. Most don't.

Don't know any of these players. But do you think there will be a suprise cut this year?

I doubt it. With injuries popping up the way they are things should be pretty cut and dry.

As for Urqhuart, he's a Haligonian. Alot of players seem to be emerging from N.S. or the Martimes. The scouts probably rolled the dice on that idea alone. James Sheppard , Crosby etc.

TSN - Atlantic Canadian NHL ratio rising

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

LOL on that article AC. They make it sound like the Maritimes is to hockey what Texas, Florida and California are to high school football prospects.

Well I guess it does snow a lot there. More snow = more ice which = more time to play hockey. lol

It's actually about time some players started coming out of here more than just Glen Murray and co.

Alot of this has to do with having the Q in the maritimes. Before that, our program was Maritime Junior A only. Getting to the big show out of Junior A is like getting blood from a stone. The Q has helped us here by miles.

Maritime Junior A - wikipedia

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

next cuts are tomorrow

who sticks and who leaves.

any kid that has a bad game tonight could be gone. I'm thinking of O Byrne chipchura.

-halak or danis will go.

from what I hear, latendresse deserves another chance.

price should leave.

What do you guys think of Corey Locke? Do you think that he will be staying around? Personnally i think that Locke has great talent but he needs to put more heart into hockey. From what i've heard, he could be alot better just that he can be lazy at times. If this is true it needs to be changed.

One more question....Will he ever make the NHL????

What do you guys think of Corey Locke?

I've seen him only a couple of times, last season, paired with Dagenais and Kostitsyn. He was without a doubt one of the better players on the ice. A skilled small forward. A very good playmaker. I doubt he will play for the Habs as long as Mikey Ribs is in the lineup.

I saw on Sportsnet that Halak was assigned to Hamilton.

I guess they still want to give Danis another game to show his stuff. I guess the canadiens brass want to see If he's ready for second fidler duty baring a trade or an injury. I'm a bit surprised( and pleased) to see price still in montreal. could he play a full game before going back home ??

What do you guys think of Corey Locke? Do you think that he will be staying around? Personnally i think that Locke has great talent but he needs to put more heart into hockey. From what i've heard, he could be alot better just that he can be lazy at times. If this is true it needs to be changed.

Maybe as a late bloomer, but not anytime soon. He's showing some progression but he'll need to be much more dominant and consistant in the AHL before being a serious challenger for a spot in Montreal. Since all he brings is offense, he needs to get much better stats than what he's getting right now in Hamilton to get some attention. His size will always be a concern until he can get enough speed, smarts and strenght to overcome it.

I have somewhat of a 'soft spot' for him. He's very talented even though he has his limitations like we all do but I'd still love to see him make the big team.

Likely, as the comment was made above, as long as Ribeiro is there, Locke won't be because they're similar players.

:king: :hlogo: :king: