If Latendresse Stays In Mtl It'll Be For The Whole Year

Athlétique.Canadien

I love these translations... the use of a literalism in the choice of words & phrases makes for funny reading.

As to the 10 game / stay in Montreal thing... if that's what Carbonneau says then that's what it is.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Translation: "The 32 year old player thus brings himself in reinforcement to a blue line mortgaged by the wounds"

sports and poetry are best left unmixed

"... Cross-piece..." :lol:

ah yes - did they grab another questionable 'D' off the waiver wire today? :rolleyes:;)

"Cross-piece will find Carbonneau, which it had côtoyé with the Stars."

"... Cross-piece..." :lol:

ah yes - did they grab another questionable 'D' off the waiver wire today? :rolleyes:;)

"Cross-piece will find Carbonneau, which it had côtoyé with the Stars."

ROTF

I think and hope so... but I had the same feeling last season :(

(however, Carbo is NOT CJ ... hopefully :) )

Kostitsyn is the only player who can be demoted safely.

Carbonneau says it's one or the other. Not 10 games in Montreal, but the whole show :hlogo:

Koivu's endorsement.

I haven't seen a game but I've listened on CJAD to every one. Sometimes he doesn't get a point on a goal. But that's because he's too busy wallpapering the puck holder and a habs team mate picked it up and we scored. No assists for Latendresse but he created the whole thing :D

And, he also scores. And does more wallpaper :D

I'll be very very surprised if he goes back now.

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

Gotta love those translations.....next best thing to St. Patrick - Patrick Cross.....?

And I don't think Latendresse gets "sliced" after these comments by Carbonneau, my guess is Drumondville will have to make that "cross above" after all....

Martin McGuire on CKAC just said that decision on LATS will be taken tomorrow...

:mellow:

DUNT DUNT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Id still rather have both Lats and Kosty and include Perez in a trade for a good Dman.

:hlogo:

DUNT DUNT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Id still rather have both Lats and Kosty and include Perez in a trade for a good Dman.

I wonder how Lou feels about Pleks, Perez, and a couple of second rounders for Rafalski?

I'm sure the decision becomes easier the closer we get to Oct 4th :D

I wonder how Lou feels about Pleks, Perez, and a couple of second rounders for Rafalski?

I'm sure the decision becomes easier the closer we get to Oct 4th :D

he would feel great. thats alot for one guy

he would feel great. thats alot for one guy

It is alot, but we would have room for Kosty, Grabs and Latendresse as well as shore up a big hole on D. Downey and Murray would like the deal too.

Umm.... I really hope that Pleks doesnt move... If Ribs is a bust then we need him to take that spot, then bring Grabs up. Perezhogin, Traverse :P , and a 2nd & 3rd might be better for Rafalski.

Umm.... I really hope that Pleks doesnt move... If Ribs is a bust then we need him to take that spot, then bring Grabs up. Perezhogin, Traverse :P , and a 2nd & 3rd might be better for Rafalski.

I don't like sending Pleks out either, but we can't get a guy like that for Duncan Milroy either.

You trade is a better deal...for us. I don't think it is enough to get an Allstar like Rafalski from Lou, unless Rafalski is in his doghouse.

That quote was talking about Rafalski not Johnson. I too said Johnson was a year or two away.

oups :lol:

rafalski should go back to college to prove I was right :P