New Jersey Gets Away With It.....

brobin

And I have a report from letsgodevils.com saying that Gionta is signed for 3 years/12 M Deal

I dont know what the sharks were thinking, the pick was the only person that has a chance to play and we dont even know who he is yet

What were the Sharks thinking? Probably something along the lines "We've got shitloads of cap room and if we take this putz, we get a 1st round pick?.....SIGN US UP!"

Hear ya Fanpuck33. My problem is cheating. Or, attempts by GM's to cheat.

I'm not saying Lou did. But, a precident has now been set. Teams might hijack this rule. That's my problem.

It's the dark side of hockey. Cheating. Ask yourself this, "Is it a coincidence that Ottawa got so many 1st overall picks? There were reports about suspicion that they were throwing games. I forget the penalty if the NHL catches them, but I do remember it's very hefty.

The investigation cleared Ottawa but I did raise an eyebrow.

I'm sure we all would have been praising the injury rule if Koivu would have been unable to play for an extended period of time.

I'm not upset at all about anything that has happened. NJ sacraficed a 1st round pick to clear 3.5 million, a steep price when getting (basically) nothing in return for the 1st rounder. Lou basically traded the 1st for Brian Gionta, a player he already owned. That's a steep price if you ask me.

NJ did get Jim Fahey and Alexander Korolyuk.... so what ya mean steep price?