Habs @ Flyers - Jan. 20th/04

jl.roberts

I have to say this sounds VERY nice! 2-0 entering the 3rd period and a missed penalty shot plus a disallowed goal.

Also we have a PP for over 2 minutes in the beginning of the 3rd. If we can nail one, I pretty confident that we can walk away with a huge win against a better team.

But the game's not over yet, we still have to play 20 mins. And look out for LeClair, he's had 2 SOG so far, but we now his favourite thing to do is kill the Canadiens. So watch out, but if we can stay out of the box, I think we have this one!

GO HABS GO!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are talkling like we're already in the playoffs. As Murray Wilson often says on CJAD, concentrate on your own games, don't worry too much about what others do.

I think that's fair enough. Our first goal is to make the playoffs, because we have over 30 games left to play, a lot could happen.

Originally posted by Dalhabs

just have to ask...  I know I got to this board along with puck and some others from espn msg boards... how did u others find your way here?

Alot of them are from HFboards , where I advertised the site (among a few other places) when it was launched... Also a bunch of people probably found us through search engines...

Originally posted by jeppa

You guys are talkling like we're already in the playoffs. As Murray Wilson often says on CJAD, concentrate on your own games, don't worry too much about what others do.

I think that's fair enough. Our first goal is to make the playoffs, because we have over 30 games left to play, a lot could happen.

Thats true. But as for the playoffs ... To not make them , I think we'd have to screw up REALLY REALLY REALLY BADLY ... We're 7 games over 500 (maybe 8 pending tonights game) with less then half the season to go... We're in a playoff spot by 7 points (9 pending tonight) ... Thats a very comfortable lead , we just have to play 500 or slightly worse hockey to make the playoffs... We can do that easily , we can do better then that.

But yeah , alot can happen.

ok..... must say you have done a great job with this site.     But where is Kozed nowadays?   Havent seen him in months

Not me , its all sakiqc (Matt) and his brother spathe , they created and designed the site. I just do anything to help out ...

I meanth u all who work on it :)   I wish I could help but I work and then I feel too lazy to do anything more :P

but if u need any help just ask.

Ahhh yeah ... The whole HW team has done an excellent job... :/)

You can help if you want , doesnt matter if your lazy :) ... For instance , if you ever feel like writing an article (Something from a swedish perspective or something...) you could send it to me , and I'd put it on (If it was good , which I'm sure it would be :) )

Nice win by the habs... pretty much controlled the game... Had stretches where we dominated...

LeClair was NOT a factor tonight , habs kept him in check.

Ryder with 3 points (Could he be headed to ALL-Star game? 36 points now) , Ribeiro with 2 more. Theodore didnt get the shutout but lowered his GAA under 2 and upped his SV% over 930 , plus he now has 20 wins.

I think it helped that we caught them after back to back games vs. their hated rivals TO... classic letdown game tonight.

We still played very well... and Theo saved our bacon when at times we didn't.

Esche got a piece of both Zednik goals... but they kept squeezing through. As for the penalty shot, the puck stood up right as he shot that's why he missed the net.

Two nice passes by Ribs, 1 nice pass by Ryder.. that last Ryder goal was kinda of a fluke, he was trying to pass.

The key to success on the PK is either gets shots on net from the point (Souray), or make 2 quick passes to beat the box (which is what RIbs & Ryder did to perfection tonight)... nice to have both elements working right now.

And I expect the PP to only get better in the future as the likes of Perezhogin, Kastitsyn, Balej potentially come up in the years to come.

We need that depth, because our 2nd PP unit really sucks.