Why Aebischer Should Be Our #1

rock_billy69

This better not become a "We Lost Because of Huet" thread.

Ottawa is down and out. Heatley, Alfie and Spezza are cold as can be. Huet stops 25 of 27. We didn't score the goals. Emery was .92 on the night. We got 25 shots. IMO, against a down and out Ottawa squad you get more shots.

Home jitters all around IMO

Could also be called 10 reasons why I hate huet but ...

Anyways, since last season end I was the only one telling (between my friends) that Abby would be #1 at the end of this season. I think most of huet's last year performance was luck (not at all but most of it)

I think Abby is always there on the play,

He won't wait for the puck to come, he will go and get it.

He played with great goaltenders like Roy.

People in Montreal didn't give him his chance to prove his talent last season.

He's 2 years younger than huet,

He's way much relaxed in front of the net.

Now , I wanna hear you guys

What do you have to say

I say Abby all the way

It's beyong my comprehension why would someone rooting for the Habs would '' hate '' the very player

that saved the season of his free falling favorite team the previous season...... the very player that enabled his team not only to clinched a playoffs berth but to frustrated the Leafs own aspiration (trailling a meager 3 points behind us) in the process,...........are you deranged or what ?

How can the team or the goalies function if Carbonneau announces to the world that Aebischer is number 1?

That would be a disaster on Huet and might prompt real contraversy in the room. The last thing a team needs is this problem. Gainey knows it. The coaches know.

If Aebischer beats out Huet for number 1 by posting a .955 SP, that's fine with me. Playoffs and all :P

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Making Abby number one isn't an option for the team right now IMO

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

You obviously, didnt watch any montreal games last year, and you dont know anything about goaltending, there are reasons why the goalie camp i went to this summer showed us videos of Huet, Because he is always in position ans is very sound!!!!! 1:He had a .929 save percentage!!!!!! he is a first rate goaltender, he is very good!! 2:he just had a bad game, thats all. Please listen... Huet is a good goalie..

1: He played f**** 36 Games c'mon

2: He had more than A bad game else i wouldn't said that

the game yesterday, do you think that huet played bad ?? ok he looked bad on the hamel goal but he made lots terrific saves. ditto buffalo, he looked bad at the end of the game( thanks to poor D from rivet and souray) and in shootouts but so did luongo against minny.

in those 36, 7 shutouts 2nd in NHL

okok everybody has good arguments and i trully respect this

I can't wait for next game vs calgary and we have 2 strong goalies but in this case i think that abby would fit right in.

IM not sayin this is how its gotta be.

i THINK it would fit in ok

Anyway,

Im sure we'll get a memorable season and i hope that whoever gets the #1 goalie will lead us to the cup

okok everybody has good arguments and i trully respect this

I can't wait for next game vs calgary and we have 2 strong goalies but in this case i think that abby would fit right in.

IM not sayin this is how its gotta be.

i THINK it would fit in ok

Anyway,

Im sure we'll get a memorable season and i hope that whoever gets the #1 goalie will lead us to the cup

Agreed :D

Right now, we don't trade either one because both are great goalies though not completely proven. We NEED to have one watching the other's back for a bit. But I have a feeling thta Aebischer will end up with the bulk of the load. Trading Huet right now is a pretty shortsighted move - Aebischer isn't all that consistent.

LOLLLLL is it finally over? well everyone just kinda repeated and repeated what i said at first soo yeahh anyway let's wish the habs a great season and also just all of you watch the cup's coming home, soon...

Aebischer has played 2 strong games this year....I don't know how that has so quickly erased the memory of some fine 'shit the bed' nights he had last season in your mind rock_billy69. Remember the Penguins game where he let in 4 goals a Jr. B goalie is expected to stop 99 times out of 100? He hasn't come close to having earned the number-one goalie label yet IMO.

Aebischer has played 2 strong games this year....I don't know how that has so quickly erased the memory of some fine 'shit the bed' nights he had last season in your mind rock_billy69. Remember the Penguins game where he let in 4 goals a Jr. B goalie is expected to stop 99 times out of 100? He hasn't come close to having earned the number-one goalie label yet IMO.

abby was labelled as a crap goalie last year...but thats in montreal...the fans ou rough...but he did let go 15 goals in 3 games...