Need explanations

RJP

What happened Friday & Saturday night? Did anyone out there really think the Habs would play the way they did? No intensity, no pride. Koivu had a couple of pathetic games. On the Elias goal, anyone notice how he gave up & didn't even try. It was Ryder who tried to catch Elias and he was deep in the NJ end. Against T.O, he made a stupid low-percentage pass to Ryder that resulted in a goal. We gave the Leafs way too much respect. Other than Souray's hit on Roberts (I didn't see Roberts crashing the net after that hit) did anyone see a habs hit a Leaf all night?

I just don't get it. I recognize NJ and T.O are better than we are, but we can beat these teams if we competed, if we showed the intensity that this team does have on most nights. So why quit Friday & Saturday? Are the players P.O'd that Markov was back in the line-up when they were doing just fine without him? Why bench Komisarek who is the only guy other than Souray that hits anything!

Originally posted by RJP

Koivu had a couple of pathetic games.

Which gives him all the more reasons to bounce back and murder Buffalo tomorrow night. :)

Originally posted by RJP

Are the players P.O'd that Markov was back in the line-up when they were doing just fine without him?

I would hope not, considering he's just as good as Souray, though they play a different style, when he's on his game.

My guess is that the team was pretty tired after this past week...I'm guessing that the all star break is going to be a welcome down time for some of them.

Anyone know if Julien is big on the players fitness? Some coaches stress it a lot more then others...and rightfully so. At this level it is sometimes the only thing making the difference IMO.

I was very disappointed in Koivu this weekend. Two of the poorer games I've seen from him.

All week I read about how the Habs were doing great, had a chance at first in the East, then I finally get to see a couple games and they reminded me of the Habs of last year. Maybe it's me. I won't watch on Tuesday for the good of the team :)

Like Zowpeb said , the team was pretty tired , as well alot of our players were nursing injuries...

I hate using this as an excuse , but it was a factor in the games... In order to beat teams like NJ and Toronto you need to be at 100% , with your play and usually your health.

Yesterday a number of habs skipped practice to get some rest and heal up (Koivu , Souray , among them) ...

I wonder if Article 16 of the current National Hockey League Collective Bargaining Agreement is up for negotiation.

"During each playing season covered by this Agreement, each Club shall play not more than 82 regular season games."

I'd like to see the schedule pared down to 70 games at the most - 50 to 60 more preferably. 82 games is a brutally long and tortuous schedule.

cba link

i think Komi was doing just fine in the lineup.

If Markov was playing the way he did last season there'd be no question, but right now i'd rather for Komisarek to be getting the ice time.

I think Sundin would've had a lot tougher time coming from behind the net to set up the third goal if it was Komis stick that was crushing into his back!

:ghg: