Bob Rae: Why I left the Left behind

Pierre the Great

the NDP are hypocrits

when the liberals were in power, they were holding a lot of strength because with the NDP, a majority was formed.

However they called for a new election so that they could get more seats in politics. Now they have to work with a government who's views are even further away from them than the liberals.

All they want are more seats, not change

Perhaps a better question would be why he joined the NDP to begin with, considering his views are more centrist than leftist. He was a Liberal until the mid 70s...

Unfortunately, in our system of government, a political party's ability to exact change is directly proportional to the amount of seats they have. More seats = more power = a better chance to influence policy. The NDP are no more or less hypocritical than any other Canadian political party, every single other party would have done the same thing.

I'm interested in what that now ex tory mp will do. If he goes to the greens that puts the greens in parliament and makes them able have Ms. May debate the other federal leaders because the only reason why they said the Greens weren't allowed in was because they had no seats in parliament. But I bet the other parties will come up with some other excuse to not make them get into debates.