Commentators evaluated

CoRvInA

Unlike the other sports commentators bashing threads which we've participated in I would like to start this thread regarding a commentator... or for that matter any other one believes is worth talking about... In this case ex Ahl flyer goalie Dominic Roussel

If you can read this...

http://rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/215900.html

I give this guy a 9 out of ten 9/10

Pretty good. At least it's not hysterical. I'd like it if he delved a bit deeper into his analysis, though. For example, he writes that "Samsonov won't produce as much as we'd like", which is a perfectly acceptable conclusion, but I'd like to read the reason why he came to that conclusion... saying that's he's not as good as Daniel Brière isn't good enough, 99% of the players in the league aren't as good as Brière.

But overall, decent article.

Edited by option+

Pretty good. At least it's not hysterical. I'd like it if he delved a bit deeper into his analysis, though. For example, he writes that "Samsonov won't produce as much as we'd like", which is a perfectly acceptable conclusion, but I'd like to read the reason why he came to that conclusion... saying that's he's not as good as Daniel Brière isn't good enough, 99% of the players in the league aren't as good as Brière.

But overall, decent article.

True!... but I dont think anyone can say for sure whats with Samsonov... one thing is for sure its still too early to panic... reason why if Sammy is bitching about not being in a top line regardless of the time on ice? then those 16 plus minutes last night have to mean something...by the way Sammy had the most time on ice of all forwards during the PP vs the Bruins.

regarding Kovelev he said what Ive been saying all along... Kovalev does what he does and even when he shines its the same thing just that those weird shots or nifty moves sum up in goals... the Power of Kovy during the TRUE season is what he's there for!

• 4 weeks later...

Saw something a week or so ago, believe it or not, on the Fox Sportsnet Florida broadcast. Instead of the goofy color guys doing their "key points" to a game (where they inevitably say, stay out of the penalty box, solid 5-5 play, and good goaltending are the keys to winning tonight's game. BLEAH!) they actually had one of the Florida scouts talk specifically about the team they were playing. For instance the goalie scout talked about what the Panthers needed to do to score on Aebischer. I thought that was pretty cool, and something other broadcasts should pick up on. Seeing an educated scout talk about what their team needs to do to win is much more informative than a homer color guy saying it.

Oh man ... I only wish for at least one of them that can open his eyes for a change when they broadcast on RDS....Pierre and Yvon are driving me mad! but Kudos to the florida stint.. thats always kool to hear!... lets hope they didnt learn what to do on Huet tomorrow!

I like Ray Ferraro or chicken parm

Barry Melrose

can't think of any other hockey commentators since the 'new' NHL isn't on ESPN anymore?!!!!

Clemente is annoying.

Mcguire or whatever his name is, is so mono tone he sounds like he's falling asleep. Where's the emotion?

Basically when it comes down to it to me colour commentators are there to entertain. So the more entertaining the better in my humble opinion.

I like Ray Ferraro or chicken parm

Barry Melrose

can't think of any other hockey commentators since the 'new' NHL isn't on ESPN anymore?!!!!

Clemente is annoying.

Mcguire or whatever his name is, is so mono tone he sounds like he's falling asleep. Where's the emotion?

Basically when it comes down to it to me colour commentators are there to entertain. So the more entertaining the better in my humble opinion.

:blink:

Pierre McGuire is monotone?! More like jacked up on too much sugar!

listening to the Knuckle and Nordiques game CBC TV channel (...cause Im watching this computer screen)

Love it when the dude says

... and they get the Puck out of there...:P