It time for Habs in HD!

cfposi

Just a quick comment here...

Is it not ridiculous that one of the most popular and historic teams in the NHL doesn't have the HDTV infrastructure in place? What the hell is up with that. RDS should get with the times or let another company invest and become distribution partners!! I am sick of straining to see where the puck is, I bought my HDTV SPECIFICALLY for hockey, only to realize that the HD habs games I SHOULD get with NHL center ice, dont come in because RDS has the broadcast rights in my area (Ottawa).

So...quick petition...who thinks RDS and others should get their Sh*t together and bring us out games in HD! I for one think its pathetic that I can only watch them in High Def 8 times a year on TSN!! What are we anyways...Columbus???

JMO

What are we anyways...Columbus???

What is that supposed to mean? Columbus is easily one of the more successful expansion teams, as they have great fan support despite never even sniffing the playoffs. They have much better fans than perennially good teams like New Jersey.

Plus, the local CBJ TV broadcaster does do some games in HD.

What is that supposed to mean? Columbus is easily one of the more successful expansion teams, as they have great fan support despite never even sniffing the playoffs. They have much better fans than perennially good teams like New Jersey.

Plus, the local CBJ TV broadcaster does do some games in HD.

Haha, ok, bad example apparently...perhaps pheonix or dallas would be better examples?

I only get New york and New jersey games in HD, when the habs come to New york/ Jersey i see them in HD! :clap:

i remember RDS saying that the reason why HD is not offer yet is due to the demand... there's not enough of demand YET, that's why they r delaying the project...

lots of people already cant watch the habs since RDS got the monopole of habs... so dunt expect everybody is going to get a HDTV soon...

HD is like waching an uncompressed movie in its native full screen resolution on a 21" monitor at 1280x1024. In comparison, watching SDTV (standard) is like watching that same movie compressed to 320x240 DivX on a 14" CRT.

There's no comparison.

I personally don't really care about HD... is it really THAT much better of a viewing experience? Just curious...

Take a trip to Best Buy or Futureshop...usually they will have an HDTV next to a regular big screen. Wait for the hockey preview and you will see the difference. Specifically, if you are watching hockey on a SMALL screen, you will find the quality tolerable, but if you watch hockey on anything larger than a 30", you will notice the pixelation due to the stretching of the image. Summary, I have never met anyone who have switched to HD (hockey especially) and regretted it. There has to be a reason for that. All I can say is that it has been worth every penny...except for the fact that the only teams I can watch in HD are (for the most part) western teams. Total games in HD for the habs this year: 8 on CBC, 6 on TSN, so 16%.

I truly hope that RDS begins their journey to HD in the new year, it will only grow from there. The truth is, I was scepticle about HD when it first came out (having been burned by Laser Disc), but I now feel that this is the future of TV and will eventually be standard.

GO HD-HABS GO