Isles @ Habs - 7:30 ET

jl.roberts

RDS, 7:30, Bell Centre

logo-nhl-islanders.gif vs. logo-nhl-canadiens.gif

A Huge Game! 3 point separating us and the Isles, if there was ever such thing as a four point game, this is it!

:hlogo::clap::hlogo::clap::hlogo:

Not a whole lot expected when it comes to lineup changes, Bouillon should be back, while Rivet should slide and out. Juneau could sit out if his back is going nuts on him. If so, Kilger fills in.

z_83933.jpg

[Edited on 2004/2/5 by jl.roberts]

[Edited on 2004/2/5 by jl.roberts]

Massive game leading into the All-Star break... Last year one of the games against the Isles was the turning point in our season , I'm sure all of you remember the loss , the one we lost after leading into the 3rd period... ugh.

No collapses tonight! (if we get a big lead anyways)

100% from everyone , no excuses!

:ghg:

Oh btw about Souray... I doubt he fights for awhile , from what he said in the gazette this morning I think he now realizes that he is more valuable to the habs on the ice then in the box :) , plus Quintal also knows its part of his job to fight , and will try to "beat Souray to it" ... :)

1-1 After 1...

Shots: 14-10 Habs

Both teams with PP goals. Habs one came after a Souray shot (or was it a pass? I forget) , that deflected behind the net to Ribeiro , Ribeiro was not in a shooting position so he shot a bullet off the back of Snow's equipment and it deflected into the net... sweet goal , a Gretzky/Lemieux move ... No thats not a comparison. lol ...

Isles PP goal was scored by Papineau who broke in through the habs defense on a partial break on Theodore , Papineau shot a low shot on the backhand to the left of Theodore , Theodore kind of wiffed on it... Souray I am pretty sure was to blame for the missed coverage on Papineau , bad line change by the habs.

Still 1-1 after 2...

Isles had a stretch of play in the habs zone where they dominated the habs , it lasted over a minute at least. They played with 4 men deep in the habs zone , and we werent prepared to defend it... Ribeiro's line and the pairing of Bouillon/Komisarek were out there for way too long , and it showed. But we got through it...

Later in the period the habs regained the momentum thanks to a few consecutive PP's... the last one was especially good , I just wish the habs would take advantage of the chances and score , cause we're not going to keep getting PP after PP , and sooner or later the Isles will get a few.

Shots after 2: 30-23 habs

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

HABS WIN 2-1!!!!

7th place in East still... now 5 point lead on Isles ... And 12 points up 9th!

It would take a complete disaster to miss the playoffs now.

Winning goal : Ryder from Koivu and Bulis , Bulis passed up to Koivu , on left side ... Saku found Ryder blazing down right wing , Aucoin was too far left and left his right side of the ice open , result a Ryder partial breakaway... Ryder makes no mistake and scores over blocker on Snow.

Great last two shifts by Jason Ward. He forechecked hard and kept the Islanders running in their own end for a solid 40 seconds.

Sloppy points in the game for les boys, and that's something we'll have to improve on, but overall a good game and a fun one to watch.

Let's hope the break refreshes our players, and that Sheldon and Jose have a good All-Star game and carry that feeling after the break.

Well i missed the first period, but i thought the Habs played ok, good enough for the win on this night.

The second period was ugly up until the last PP were we had so many chances including a big time miss by Zednik all alone in the slot.

Habs came out a lot better in the third and Koivu made a great pass to Ryder for the goal.

How about the play of Jason Ward in the last couple minutes of the game? Incredible, he never quits and is always giving everything he has. He may not have merited a first round selection, but i'll take a guy like him on my team any day.

We got away with a little tonight. Wonder how much the Habs paid the officials to overlook some things. A couple of minutes into the game and Breeze has a *blatant* crosscheck that goes uncalled?

I thought the Habs got away virtually untouched in the penalty department. In fact, in my opinion, the Habs were the more dirty of the two teams.

Good thing the officials didn't agree.

ACF

Great win though it wasn't a perfect one.

And Guy!, I was reading your ACF article as usual, but what about Ryder's game?

And I'm waiting for the All-Star events, they're broadcasting all events live here in Sweden for the first time, and I'm especially happy because of the 3 Habs players.

:ghg: