Habs Ranked #1 for organizational Rankins (Hockeys future)

puck7x

Originally posted by Westcoasthabsfan

I like it and Corey Locke isnt even mentioned and I think he can be like a Theo Fleury type of player... I will take that

GO HABS GO

35 year old alcoholic who has temper tantrums and often disappears during the game?

I sure hope not...

That comes as a suprise to me. But you have to remember that the only reason we're not #2 is because Pittsbourg's prospects are all playing in the NHL this season, which means that they're not prospects anymore.

But good to see us on top of something for once.

I think we're really lacking the talents of a pure superstar. Kastsitsin is probably our greatest chance of that, but we really don't have a Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuck, Rick Nash, or Jailhouse Joe Thornton (He's a cheap bastard, but he's talented up the wazoo)

But, there's always hope!

:ghg:

All those highly talented players you just mentioned are top picks...which we never have...

As for who Locke might turn into...I think Steve Sullivan is a closer fit. I know he's small and doesn't get the recognition but you'd think he'd at least get some small notice seeing as he's a scoring machine.

Obviously they're high picks, but it's still something we're missing. I almost wish we did bad enough to get some top-three picks for two or three years straight.

We didn't make the playoffs, but we didn't get superstar players, either.

I dont think Fleury and Sullivan comparisons are accurate for Locke ... Those 2 guys have great wheels , one of Locke's biggest weaknesses is his lack of speed (top speed , not quickness) ... He definitely needs to work on it if he wants to make it to the NHL.

Originally posted by puck7x

I dont think Fleury and Sullivan comparisons are accurate for Locke ... Those 2 guys have great wheels , one of Locke's biggest weaknesses is his lack of speed (top speed , not quickness) ... He definitely needs to work on it if he wants to make it to the NHL.

I agree the comparison was off because of the speed issue... but as for him needing to work on his speed to make it in the NHL, same thing was said about Ribeiro and look at him now.

My concern would be we can't afford to have both Ribeiro & Locke in the lineup, so if he makes the NHL it'll probably be somewhere else.