Mtl. Gazette launches Habs blog

jmm

Howdy. I know it's lame for a first post to be promo-related, but hopefully this will be of interest to you. I'm a freelance producer and helped build www.habsinsideout.com for the Montreal Gazette. It's now online and gets updated multiple times per day. They've worked really hard to make it as Habs-fan friendly as possible, and there should be some good inside info as some of the paper's beat writers follow the team and report to the bloggers. They'll be posting pics from pro photographers from the games, often live-blogging from the press box, and podcasting weekly fairly soon.

Hey, did you notice on that new Gazette website that your signature is featured? http://www.habsinsideout.com, about halfway down the page. Looks like the Gazette guys look at our site. Hehe.

???

where i dont see...ok see it now :) kool....but the credits arent mine...

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

Oh yeah, I should have also noted that there's a sub-blog called Mike Boone's Online Eeee-mail. Boone's a city columnist and crony of Red Fisher, and his blog is a bit more of a personal take on the Habs ... he hates the Leafs, dislikes Don Cherry, and has a great time riffing on the stuff that happens. His most recent post is about the Latendresse-Roy dust-up, and it's hilarious.

Howdy. I know it's lame for a first post to be promo-related, but hopefully this will be of interest to you. I'm a freelance producer and helped build www.habsinsideout.com for the Montreal Gazette. It's now online and gets updated multiple times per day. They've worked really hard to make it as Habs-fan friendly as possible, and there should be some good inside info as some of the paper's beat writers follow the team and report to the bloggers. They'll be posting pics from pro photographers from the games, often live-blogging from the press box, and podcasting weekly fairly soon.

May I add one suggestion?

Could you adjust the background and font colours to make it easier for the eyes to read through? I have become used to dark backgrounds and lighter fonts which reduces stress on the eyes... and believe me its very common now on websites and journals.

It does look good (material wise) too bad I can't read it for too long otherwise I would make it a favorite

Edited by CoRvInA

Cool.. Great to see the Gazette doing such thing and try to get closer to the fans with a blog. It's great to see journalists actually care about their jobs and the fans. There are not many. Fans will surely appreciate to read the blog as long as it is kept updated. They have direct access to the players and to the Press box. That's something a fans website like ours won't have anytime soon. So the usefulness of a blog like this one.

jmm, I like the tag cloud.. what blog software do you use?

So.

Which guys come to read HabsWorld?

How often do the Gazette writers come to take a look?

Well, honestly, the old guard of Gazette writers started out in the typewriter era, so this is all kind of new to them. But I've been showing them a lot of stuff and they're very excited about the information available out there, and becoming part of this scene. So: last year, I would say none of them even knew about hockey blogs. This year, they're getting clued in very quickly. Then there's a few younger bloggers who spend their whole day reading the minutiae of NHL and Habs stuff (when they should be doing their real jobs, I'm sure) -- and they probably have all of this stuff bookmarked.

That's something I was curious about as well.

@ Colin: I miss ACF!

The only way I'd revive ACF's game-by-game articles is if it were a paid process. I don't have the time to do it unless I were to make it a job. So, if you can convince the Gazette to sign me on as a writer there - I'd start for beans because I know I'd garner interest as I got going - I'll do it. Otherwise, I have too many other things on the go which have more potential for money.

I still plan on doing the occasional ACF thing here and there, the question is time - of which I've had little lately.

The only way I'd revive ACF's game-by-game articles is if it were a paid process. I don't have the time to do it unless I were to make it a job. So, if you can convince the Gazette to sign me on as a writer there - I'd start for beans because I know I'd garner interest as I got going - I'll do it. Otherwise, I have too many other things on the go which have more potential for money.

I still plan on doing the occasional ACF thing here and there, the question is time - of which I've had little lately.

*Sigh*... I tried! :clap:

Yes, I'll keep and eye on this site too.

Thanks.

GO :hlogo: GO!

jmm.. What is the Gazette waiting to put a link to the blog ?

Howdy. It's in soft launch mode right now, so it isn't being promoted right away. This way we can catch any bugs that were missed when it was in development. There are still some design issues that we're playing around with. There is talk of launching officially within a week.