Game Thread | Montreal vs. Florida | 11/16/06

Spider-Man NL

I have faith...

I have faith in Koivu/Rivet/Souray/etc. boosting the team's morale/motivation during intermission

I have faith in Carbo firing up the troops

I have faith in a fiesty early-period PK followed by a momentum shift and 3 goals to tie up the game

:hlogo:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add, whatever restaurant some of us go to, it must have a cannibalistic menu. Some of us 'eat' our wounded and struggling players. I hope the sauce is good because the comments sure can be saucy.

GO :hlogo: GO!

Go back to Beatie! :lol:

new axe shorty?

Nope. Had this one since 1998.

Got three new ones since then... all custom built. This one was custom assembled from separate pieces (body & neck) built in the late 1960's and never finished at the Hofner factorhy in West Germany.

These are this boy's 'toys'.

Edited by shortcat1

I sort of doubt it. I have a feeling that Carbonneau has as an important plan to make sure that both goalies maintain a sense of confidence.

Stuck here in the Caribbean, I only get the games from the away team's networks: for example, I'm watching this one on Fox Florida.

It really makes you appreciate Canadian broadcasts. We really know how to do it right.

PS - there are so many players to rip on this team before Abby. So let's take it easy on him. He's been great this year.

I feel bad for Abby but he didn't get the job done the past few outings. Even if the team doesn't play well the goaltender at least has to make the routine saves. It just demoralizes the entire bench when a goalie starts giving up weak ones.

I feel bad for Abby but he didn't get the job done the past few outings. Even if the team doesn't play well the goaltender at least has to make the routine saves. It just demoralizes the entire bench when a goalie starts giving up weak ones.

weak ONE.

by the way, even during his high years for Montreal, Patrick Roy had a reputation for letting in a 'weak' one each game. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but this was the saying attached to his play at the time.

Edited by shortcat1

You're right. But even if Abby should have had 2 of the 4. It's still a 2-1 game.

I tend to give goalies a pass when that seems obvious. We are terrible tonight.

Aebischer was questionable against T.O. as well. But in both cases we have been on another planet

weak ONE.

by the way, even during his high years for Montreal, Patrick Roy had a reputation for letting in a 'weak' one each game. Whether this is true or not, I don't know but this was the saying attached to his play at the time.

A bad goal when you are winning 5-1 at the time does not have the same meaning as a bad goal when you are already down 1 or 2 nothing and not playing the best. It's called giving your team a chance to win. And i'm not saying abby hasent dont that this year. But as we all know this is Montreal and it's what have you done for me lately.

A bad goal when you are winning 5-1 at the time does not have the same meaning as a bad goal when you are already down 1 or 2 nothing and not playing the best. It's called giving your team a chance to win. And i'm not saying abby hasent dont that this year. But as we all know this is Montreal and it's what have you done for me lately.

And...where's the goals?

Eddie :angry:

Wow! Belfour is having an outstanding game!

He's just killing us!

Yes, the game is 4-1 but it could easily be a 4-4 tie or a lead by the Canadiens right now.

Belfour is rated 27th in the league in both GAA & Save % whereas Aebischer is 18th and 11th in these areas.

Yes, Aebischer's stats will go down but he still won't be at Belfour's level. He's still a better goalie.

The Eagle always seems to play well again the Habs, so let's shell him early and move on to Auld.

GO HABS GO!!!

Sometimes, I don't like being right...

Jokinen was cold till tonight - 2 goals in the last 10 games...

three tonight... sigh..................................... :(:(:(:(