Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Devils du New Jersey | 11/30/07

Spider-Man NL

They didn't.. the devils never lost posession.. the rear official was calling lats, the puck came to the habs end and chips high sticked the guy in the corner. That is when the habs got possession of the puck, the whistle went, the devils managed to cough up blood, and there ya go. :)

Ahh.

The announcers on fsn said there wasn't a call on the Madden high stick.

I get it.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't.. the devils never lost posession.. the rear official was calling lats, the puck came to the habs end and chips high sticked the guy in the corner. That is when the habs got possession of the puck, the whistle went, the devils managed to cough up blood, and there ya go. :)

But Gui had possesion before he did the high sticking. Shouldn't the play have been dead before the Gui high stick?

ugh. I'm sick with a cold and this is making me sicker. I'm going to bed. Sometimes I just think we should mail in the 2 points and not bother against NJ :puke:

In the words of Boone on his blog tonight: And this game began with such promise.

I've been sick for a week and you're right...this isn't helping.

I've never seen an 8 min 5 on 3 before. WOW

Koivu needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing like a captain getting paid almost 5M$ per season. It's not normal that only the Kovy line creates any sustained offense game after game. Saku needs to show some fire, create something, L-E-A-D like a captain should...

Shit, just throwing a body check once in a while would do just fine...

But Gui had possesion before he did the high sticking. Shouldn't the play have been dead before the Gui high stick?

Thats right, he did.

This is a mercy call. Why didn't they do that when Koivu had his eye hanging out vs Carolina?

Wow ... price and the boys are taking a whipping tonight. The 8th shutout in 10 years for Brodeur against us.

I guess price is due for a bad game.

well, on the bright side, whoever wanted to see how Price would react after playing a crappy game, we'll find out on his next start...

I've been sick for a week and you're right...this isn't helping.

I've never seen an 8 min 5 on 3 before. WOW

why is it 8 minutes? If there's 2 double-minors, isn't it a 4 minute 5 on 3?

Thats right, he did.

This is a mercy call. Why didn't they do that when Koivu had his eye hanging out vs Carolina?

No, Lats lost the puck an then high sticked the guy in the face. The puck was on the stick of a devil as that happened.

If he had possession of the puck, how could he high stick the guy.????

Habs are goofy against NJ. It wouldn't hurt so much if they were more systematic. Their board decisions are goofy. NJ's slot is closed for the 1 timer (3 on one coverage for the Devil's) unless it's picked perfectly. Our attack strategy of cycling the boards isn't going to create that perfect pass one timer. The puck needs to be moved faster.

In short, there's a way to win against these guys. I'd rather they lose against them with a better effort than this. No disrespect to the Devils in their effort but a lot has to do with no Habs showing up or something. Lesser teams since this drought began for Montreal have fared and played them better.

It beats me

No, Lats lost the puck an then high sticked the guy in the face. The puck was on the stick of a devil as that happened.

he tried to deke and lost the puck, sticking the devils Dman when he tried to get it back.

Chipchura high-sticked a guy; then the Habs got possession of the puck before Lats high-sticked another guy.

Rule is: refs can give 2 penalties on the same play even if the penalized team had possession of the puck between both infractions happened.

Stupid...

Yes, refs called the penalty after the fact, how often does that happen? Whistle blows, play is stopped, then a player on the bench shows the refs a cut on his chin and the refs assess a double minor . . .

when we play the devils we find new ways to lose ^_^

Is it time for a trade? We can't fall into this trap again this year. Last year we blamed it on the flu, and injuries. nothing to blame it one this year.

Why do poeple say that "blamed it on the flu"

It happened....it is a fact that players were on IV's between periods just to ice a full team. It was hardly an excuse.

he tried to deke and lost the puck, sticking the devils Dman when he tried to get it back.

Yes but key point... lost puck.. then high sticked...

he would have to high stick, then get possession for the whistle to go...

To clarify things:

1 : Chips high sticked someone and there was NO CALL, by the way it was an obvious penality.

play continues

2: Lats high stick someone and get a 4 minutes.

3: then a lineman tells the ref he saw Chips incident so Chips gets a 4 minutes penality too.

I'm pissed now! the linemen can't do anything, they can't stop the play. But man, WHY THE HELL they can't do that? NO SENSE. What if the Canadien score a goal? We would get a 4 min and cancel the goal, i'm 100% sure they would do that.

Chips deserved the penality, NOT Latendresse. The play was supposed to be stoped, this wouldn't have happened if the refs would have done THEIR FU CKING JOB !

Give the linemen the right to stop the play please.