Habs at the Memorial Cup

dlbalr

I'm not saying he will be as good as Subban long term because Subban's growth was unprecedented (and why I keep saying don't trade Subban).

My point was don't think Beaulieu will be a bust because of a bad tournament.

I also think his defensive coverage was a lot better over the season than it was in this tournament. He seems fine in that aspect to me.

The area he needs to improve is getting rid of turnovers.

I agree that people need to stop banking on Beaulieu being NHL calibre by 20 years old but I have no doubts he'll be a strong part of our NHL defence before the age of 23.

I have been critical of Beaulieu's defensive play, but i would still bank he will be NHL ready in 2013-14, a season in AHL will give him a wake up call and the kid has tons of talent and can frggin skate and handle puck just super.

I think all 4 Hab guys, pretty much played as expected.

Bournival can really skate and hard worker, Ellis and Tinordi look to be fine defensive d-men in the making and Beaulieu has the tools to be an all-star down the road but..

I think all 4 Hab guys, pretty much played as expected.

Bournival can really skate and hard worker, Ellis and Tinordi look to be fine defensive d-men in the making and Beaulieu has the tools to be an all-star down the road but..

I agree, to me, Beaulieu will need some time to cut the errors down and slow the game down a bit, but man, can he skate with that puck! Can you imagine having him and Subban on our blueline! Teams will be backing in there own end all game long.I think he may have tried to do a bit too much during this years tournament, but he was still pretty good. I thought that in the games I watched, Ellis looked better than Gormely, I was quite impressed with his 2 way play, and Tinordi was a beast out there. I see him out there with Subban in a year, covering for Subbans trips up ice, and, Opposition players better keep their heads up too. Bournival will play, maybe his NHL role is 3rd liner/shutdown player, but you never know.

I agree, to me, Beaulieu will need some time to cut the errors down and slow the game down a bit, but man, can he skate with that puck! Can you imagine having him and Subban on our blueline! Teams will be backing in there own end all game long.I think he may have tried to do a bit too much during this years tournament, but he was still pretty good. I thought that in the games I watched, Ellis looked better than Gormely, I was quite impressed with his 2 way play, and Tinordi was a beast out there. I see him out there with Subban in a year, covering for Subbans trips up ice, and, Opposition players better keep their heads up too. Bournival will play, maybe his NHL role is 3rd liner/shutdown player, but you never know.

Worst case scenario, they can do the opposite of what they did with Markov and move Beaulieu from d to a winger. But he should be fine and a top 4 d-man in a few years.

Bournival is likely a bottom 6 guy who may develop to a 2nd line guy way down the road, but he can really skate, works hard, good wrist shot and seems to have good vision, just lacking the top 6 skill at present.

Tinordi just needs more skating work (as all big young guys do) and add some strength, but he is impressive as is.

Ellis should be an all-round better version of Gorges, but i think Gormley is a cut above him for sure.