• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crosby second star, i bet

1, crosby

2. thibault

3. higgins

Originally posted by bebehabs

ahhhhh it was soooooooooooo stressing to watch!!!!

welcome to the 2005-06 habs universe ;););)

Im disappointed not getting the win, but man was that good hockey. We dont get too many habs games being in leaf country, and was this ever a great game.

That being said we really need to figure out how to motivate these guys to score some goals in the first period.

Originally posted by goHabs2005

Wow, what a hit by Begin.

Vicious but totally legal. It's not his fault that Talbot is fourth line trash that can't keep his head up and skate with the puck at the same time.

Whatever, we stole a point.

Anyone else think that Crosby looks like a ######ed hamster?

I'd take that ######ed hamster on my team any day. What a talent! Wow! :clap::clap::clap:

The third was decent, the last 5 minutes of regulation on was excellent hockey but i'm very dissapointed in this one

Could've had the victory it was in our grasp, and i was not impressed by the moves of our shooters, but i guess that's expected for a team that had the first shootout today, IMportant to have a big rebound game on Saturday

Habs just turned it on far too late for my liking. We played great at the end of the third and OT, but it was too late and we had to chance it in the shootout. Disapointing, but we came out with a point at least.

BTW, i don't think I've ever been happy with a Kerry Fraser reffed, i have no idea how he has kept his job. Begin basically got 5 minutes and a game for levelling his opponent. Its good to call stick infractions and stuff like that, but don't take out the physical aspect of the game. Anyone else remember that night in New York back in 2002? I think it was March 11th, 6 months after 9/11, and we lost a close one to the Rangers what was then a competitive battle for 8th spot. Berezin took a wicked slash in the dying minutes that Fraser let go and the Habs lost by a goal. There were other blown calls too but i can't remember them.

FRASER SUCKS!

:ghg:

how about calling Therien for unsportsmanlike conduct at a key point in game 4 vs carolina? they scored on that powerplay, shifting the momentum as they went on to win the game. had we kept that lead we would have gone up 3-1 in the series. worst call ever.

I actually screamed out "NOOO!!!!" when Crosby scored in the shootout.

It wasn't quite Vader-ish, but I'm sure I came close.

This was one of those games where I actually wished they would win or lose. They didn't deserve the point.

Is it just me or does the team sniff glue for the first two periods and then suddenly decide they've had enough of Elmer's white only to try and eek out a last minute victory? We played like grandmothers tonight. It was awful, awful hockey.

Originally posted by Quebecois

Habs just turned it on far too late for my liking. We played great at the end of the third and OT, but it was too late and we had to chance it in the shootout. Disapointing, but we came out with a point at least.

BTW, i don't think I've ever been happy with a Kerry Fraser reffed, i have no idea how he has kept his job. Begin basically got 5 minutes and a game for levelling his opponent. Its good to call stick infractions and stuff like that, but don't take out the physical aspect of the game. Anyone else remember that night in New York back in 2002? I think it was March 11th, 6 months after 9/11, and we lost a close one to the Rangers what was then a competitive battle for 8th spot. Berezin took a wicked slash in the dying minutes that Fraser let go and the Habs lost by a goal. There were other blown calls too but i can't remember them.

FRASER SUCKS!

:ghg:

He efffectively gave us the cup in 1986 when he disallowed a goal by the Nordiques and then the Canadiens came back and eliminated the Nordiques. That play opened the door for the Stanley Cup run that year. Usually, Québec owned the Habs back then and that victory qualified as a quasi-miracle... thank you, Kerry :D:D:D:clap::clap::clap::D:D:D

dang.. all that drinking for nothing... what must I do to inspire my team to play the entire 60 minutes? ;)

btw... fraser is horrible... i don't want to blame the refs, cuz that's lame.. but coincidently, anyone notice how much the refs blew raw monkey anus? :D

we seem to gear to the opponent. we play good opponents, we gear up, we play poor, we gear down.

this should wreck havoc on TSN. we'll plummet ten spots for sure!

I just got back from the game...

Not alot of Habs fans present but it was a fun game(well the 3rd period and the OT was fun)

Some cool moments not shown or heard on TV, a group of Habs fans surrounded the Pen's mascot and one guy took his jersey off so it looked like he was wearing a Habs uni.

I was on the jumbotron for a lookalike thing, and I raised my jersey up and got booed by the entire arena. :)

Why was Begin kicked out of the game. A ref didn't even raise an arm untill the player was down and not moving. It seemed to me that he was pressured into making the call by the home ice. To me the hit looked clean, but I was a little far up. I didn't see Begin's elbows go up in the face. IDK it pissed me off.

At least we came out of the game with a point. I've been told to "go back to Canada" too many times tonight, time for some sleep.