Pacioretty: Most underrated in the NHL?

dlbalr

Hahaha... no problem Jeff.. A metaphysical analysis of the evidence for the existence of God and that bearing on the relevance and nature of human justice vis a vis pro athlete salaries is perhaps a litttle far from the normal at least, but forgive me for pointing out ... (insufferable bore as I tend to be on such things.. as all who love me know) that the first question in a theistic universe , which is I think the only one that exists, is the suitability to the overall good of any intended action personal or public. e.g.. stealing is objectively wrong, and does a worse harm to the thief who damages his soul ( soul being the rational principle of immanent being.. what makes something a living thing).

And pace, Sagan et Co... I think the existence of God has for a long time been demonstrated by a sound argument which is the view of tradtional christianity. Ed Feser gives a pretty good treatment of how the argument goes , based upon the fact of change and what we can know about change. We all , in the west , because of the scholastics, hold to this general idea of the nature of change and knowledge.. It's in our words like potential, and actual, formal and material etc..

I hope you find it interesting as it addresses the foundation of reasoning itself and its warrant or value as something more than just the latest purposeless quantum events.... Cheers Jeff :)

:ohttps://youtu.be/BAIHs5TJRqQ

Max and Plekanec are likely both underrated/paid, but Eller and Emelin many say are overpaid/rated, so all evens out and most (all?) are darn pleased he is under contract for 4 more years at $4.5m cap hit..

I agree with Jeff Price:

from Wikipedia:

In ice hockey, the captain is the player designated by his team as the only person authorized to speak with the game officials regarding rule interpretations when he is on the ice. At most levels of play, each team must designate one captain and a number of alternate captains (usually two) who speak to the officials when the captain is on the bench. The captain wears a "C" on his jersey, while the alternate captains wear an "A."

Officially the captain has no other responsibility or authority, though depending on the league or individual team, he may have various informal duties, such as participation in pre-game ceremonies or other events outside of the game. As with most team sports that designate captains, the captain is usually a well-respected player and a de facto team leader.

It isn't a big deal and what we got works. Let's be the first to win the Cup with no designated Captain. I like your idea.