Should the Habs sign Andrei Kostitsyn?

habs rule

I do wish people would quit acting as if DD is nothing but pure unadulterated crap. He's a one-dimensional, second-tier playmaking C. But in the regular season, at least, he is reliably productive; playmaking has value, after all.

And he works his ass off every shift. He and gallagher are the hardest working guys on the team. DD is not ideal and I would like to see him replaced, but he is not garbage.

• Upvote 1

And he works his ass off every shift. He and gallagher are the hardest working guys on the team. DD is not ideal and I would like to see him replaced, but he is not garbage.

Yep, totally agree. He is, in fact, quite a story - undrafted, seized every opportunity he had despite universal skepticism, and carved out a niche for himself against all odds. That's more than many more talented players can say. He's the type of player fans should be pulling for. That said, I too think we need to upgrade on him, at least at playoff time. But it doesn't follow that we should go from that to attacking him as a useless piece of crap; he isn't.

Yep, totally agree. He is, in fact, quite a story - undrafted, seized every opportunity he had despite universal skepticism, and carved out a niche for himself against all odds. That's more than many more talented players can say. He's the type of player fans should be pulling for. That said, I too think we need to upgrade on him, at least at playoff time. But it doesn't follow that we should go from that to attacking him as a useless piece of crap; he isn't.

I'm pushing for Kassian to at least take some pressure off him. Teams take advantage of our right side being so weak. If Kass and DSP can put up solid 2/3 numbers we won't need to find someone to push him down the chart.

-both AK and SK have signed in Russia per HF Boards

Thank the great pumkin, this all started as a joke about signing AK. It got carried away. Now can we close this thread and never speak of these 2 boneheads again?

Guest Stogey24

They signed with Torpedo, which means they join former Hab (might butcher this, on my cell) Petteri Nokelainen (Nokia) and former NHLers Wolski and Nikita Filatov. They are a very middle of the road team.

Forgot all about Nokia(Phone and player)

I agree, he is no good in the playoffs, due to the lack of size and/or footspeed needed to escape the heightened levels of obstruction.

But in the regular season, he is a good, if somewhat one-dimensional. player. Much better than all the loathing would suggest.

One thing I agree with MB: you need playoff type performers. That seems way underrated on this site,and its why PK is our greatest player and should be Captain

His defensive zone floating has cost us some key goals. He's not garbage but needs to be dumped and upgraded

OK, is too easy to say trade him for nothing, just be gone... 1000 times already; so who exactly should replace him...should at least have that figured out before trade for bag of pucks.

He's untraceable at his salary,and I've said he needs to be upgrades. Not going to rehash all the better players that have been traded or acquired. FYI. Eller and DD make 7m combined. That's a damn good #1 center we won't have cap space for

I don't think there are any teams out there that are willing trade partners. Everyone knows that if we get a true #1C, we're in the hunt for SC25! Trouble is, this hypothetical trade will mortgage our future. We'll be handcuffed for a decade..again. It took us long enough to recover from BG's free agent madness. I'm giving MB the benefit of the doubt regarding huge blockbuster deals. Let's see if we can develop a star internally, then fill in with supplemental deals

I don't think there are any teams out there that are willing trade partners. Everyone knows that if we get a true #1C, we're in the hunt for SC25! Trouble is, this hypothetical trade will mortgage our future. We'll be handcuffed for a decade..again. It took us long enough to recover from BG's free agent madness. I'm giving MB the benefit of the doubt regarding huge blockbuster deals. Let's see if we can develop a star internally, then fill in with supplemental deals

That'd be Galchenyuk, then.

The Bergevin era hinges heavily on Galy becoming a star player. Whether at C or at W is less pressing to me than it is for some, but we're not getting a #3 overall pick anytime soon. He has to become a feared NHLer, not merely a decent second-line winger.

I tend to agree with your analysis here. I don't see how we can swing a deal for an elite young player or prospect without seriously damaging the organization in other areas.