Canadiens cancel practice due to flu

habscout

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=190992&hubname=nhl

This helps to explain the listless effort the Habs gave for last night's game. The article mentions that some players were throwing up during the game, and some came down with the flu right afterwards.

Ahhh... this is fantastic news! ... (in a sense)

Don't get me wrong, i don't like seeing anyone sick, but this might point to part of the reason the habs were demolished 5-1. If they were sick during the game, at least they have an excuse. Likewise, if they put up a poor performance this weekend, i won't be too worried for the long-term.

GET WELL SOON, HABS!

Edited by Cataclaw

Can we calm down now? :lol:

Not unless the have been sick for the past 6 games :rolleyes:

Sportsnet is reporting that the following players are sick along with another unnamed player.

Souray

Rivet

Komisarek

Ryder

Murray

Not unless the have been sick for the past 6 games :rolleyes:

Sportsnet is reporting that the following players are sick along with another unnamed player.

Souray

Rivet

Komisarek

Ryder

Murray

Higgins might be the other one. Komisarek, Higgins, Ryder and Murray are known to be friends (The Four Musketeers?!) so if 3 of them are sick, I wouldn't be surprised Higgins is the other one.

BTW, its not too surprising they've got gastroenteritis. Its been running around since the Holidays. There's even some hospitals who were on "alert" because the virus spread there.

Higgins might be the other one. Komisarek, Higgins, Ryder and Murray are known to be friends (The Four Musketeers?!) so if 3 of them are sick, I wouldn't be surprised Higgins is the other one.

BTW, its not too surprising they've got gastroenteritis. Its been running around since the Holidays. There's even some hospitals who were on "alert" because the virus spread there.

It ripped through here a couple months ago and is still lingering. Comes out both ends at the same time :puke: Many places were closed here too. I believe they are variants of the Norwalk virus.

It ripped through here a couple months ago and is still lingering. Comes out both ends at the same time :puke: Many places were closed here too. I believe they are variants of the Norwalk virus.

Could be, lots of people got it around the same time. Holidays are always a prime time for viruses to get spread since everybody's getting together and all.

Personnaly I'm lucky, never had gastro in my entire life (knock on wood). I figure I drink too much coffee and my stomach's so acid viruses just die there! :P

Like hundreds of canadians, maybe they called off for the day to watch the gold-medal game :lol::lol:

hahaha let's hope they recover fast, we have a BIG week-end coming!

I'd like to see some bulldogs' prospect back (Kostitsyn, Lapierre???)

Any idea who's ready on defense? Souray, Rivet, Komisarek are big shoes to fill :huh:

Any idea who's ready on defense? Souray, Rivet, Komisarek are big shoes to fill :huh:

I'd got with Biron, Cote and Jancevski... but I think Cote is out with the flu too...

They can play Streit and Niinimaa on defense and just recall Biron.

I can vouch for that...it's much of an alert then some extraordinary measures taken.

Personnaly I'm lucky, never had gastro in my entire life (knock on wood). I figure I drink too much coffee and my stomach's so acid viruses just die there! :P

no dice, I'm a coffee addict. and still caught it few weeks ago.

Alright, "NHL callups" on HW...Do your sit ups, push ups and get out the skipping rope, eat your wheaties...Your going in! Be expecting a call from Guy Carbonneau tonight...LOL....Can you imagine haha :lol::lol::lol:

Wooo Kosty getting a call up is great news. I don't know why but I am psyched knowing he plays for us. It's a shame that the guys are sick and it is a very good reason for their efforts the last few games.

But I can't help being happy that some fresh faces are getting put in. We shouldn't miss Ryder and Murray with Kosty and dare I say...Grabovski!

Lapierre would be great to see aswell if he isn't sick.

Wooo Kosty getting a call up is great news. I don't know why but I am psyched knowing he plays for us. It's a shame that the guys are sick and it is a very good reason for their efforts the last few games.

where did you see that he was called ??

Wow the old "flu bug" thing, nostalgic, for some reason that doesn't happen much here in TKO. Lots of vitamin C guys get well for the weekend you have 18 hours till game time . .. .

I think the same flu issue comes up year in and year out. Do these guys not get FLU SHOTS?

stomach flu. iot'S not the same. theres nothing you can do when you have it...just rest and drink as much gatorade as possible.