Game Thread | Habs vs. Red Wings | 01/15/07

Spider-Man NL

Aw man, what the hell? I leave you guys for one day because I have 11 straight hours of classes, and we lose? :o

Doesn't sound like a great effort, so I'm kinda glad I missed it. I was keeping updated on the score in class on my cell, so I was crying a little on the inside during my Chem lab.

I'll miss the 3rd period tomorrow, I've got my own puck drop at 7:30 (PST for you easterners :P), so I'm hoping for a win...and not only because I'll be wearing my Koivu jersey all day in Canuck land, either :P

Cheer up, boys and gals. We've come back from worse than this. It's just a bump in an otherwise unbeleiveable season.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problems seem to be the same for the last few weeks:

Getting outshot.

Not getting enough shots, especially from close in. Which means too many players are playing a perimeter game. Kovalev, Samsonov, Plekanec come to mind. Atleast Ryder seems to take the puck to the net.

Like I predicted, teams are now taking the point shot away from Souray, and Montreal can't seem to find another way to score. The Powerplay continues to struggle.

Too many passes and not enough shots

Constantly getting outworked, and outhussled for the puck. No puck support

Too many turnovers.

Unless this team turns this around quickly, like in the next few games, a trade is definitley needed to shake things up. There is no other choice. These guys just don't seem to care anymore.

(Not)Coach Cataclaw's "fix this team up" recommendations:

2. Put Alex with Saku. Keeping them separated to balance the lines isn't a good excuse. It's not working, neither line is producing as is. What do you have to lose? Koivu is the only player that truly seems to "click" well with Kovalev and isn't intimidated by him for that matter. Go for the following lines:

Anyone-Koivu-Kovalev

Anyone-Anyone-Anyone

Anyone-Anyone-Anyone

Anyone-Anyone-Anyone

:lol:

You've obviously put a lot of thought into those lines - balancing offence and defence, right handed vs. left handed shots, etc. I have no idea why Carbonneau hasn't tried that yet!

But really, the one that got away is Perrault IMO...I can't imagine that he wouldn't have helped this team. Just look at the faceoff stats, not to mention what he brings offensively.

This is what we'd have seen out of Yanic: 69 GP, 16 G, 15 A, 31 P, -10 and a lack of effort each night that would make Kovalev look like Begin.

:lol:

You've obviously put a lot of thought into those lines - balancing offence and defence, right handed vs. left handed shots, etc. I have no idea why Carbonneau hasn't tried that yet!

:lol::lol:

i definitely agree though that mixing up the lines so much will have a detrimental effect on the minds of the players.

since the lines have been juggled perez has been like a ghost... before that he was noticeably a solid contributor every night.... i guess when bonk and begin returns things will straighten themselves out.

hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Just reviewed this game a second time. Aebischer did have an excellent game. Although he let in two goals he should have stopped, Abby looked really good in this one. His lateral movement and positioning surprised me, controled, looked fine.

:)

:hlogo: icon12.gif#30 :hlogo: