What we truly fear

tokyohabs

Well, lots of rumours/suggestions/accusations etc etc flying around this increasingly entertaining board.

The way we are 'performing', we have good cause for suspicion for our start, fear for our future.

Lots of things not to like on this team - luckily we had a bit of a cushion (now gone) and the problems - if not the solutions - are being exposed and well-documented.

But there is one thing I fear above everything, above a prolonged slump, dull hockey, missing the playoffs, lacklustre performances, and the like.

I only fear God more than...

the spandex-revival NHL/Reebok form-fitting new uniforms that would make Toller Cranston squeal with delight.

This is the first time I've had interest in the All-Star game since Gretzky teamed with Mario. Negative inteest, I'm afraid.

God help us all.

(disclaimer: haven't seen themyet. do you really have to?)

Edited by tokyohabs

I've seen the designs. I'm thinking, slightly more than half-seriously, of abandoning the NHL as a fan. If it weren't for my in-the-bones love of the Habs, I would do it in a second.

the spandex-revival NHL/Reebok form-fitting new uniforms that would make Toller Cranston squeal with delight.

This is the first time I've had interest in the All-Star game since Gretzky teamed with Mario. Negative inteest, I'm afraid.

God help us all.

(disclaimer: haven't seen themyet. do you really have to?)

what ?@W$%#@?

is this a nhl idea? or is this carbo's idea of punishment for the habs!

I fear a 14th Cup championship for the Leafs more then any natural disaster, alien landing, terrorist attack or any God one can think of.

Luckily, all of the above will happen first. :D :hlogo:

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUDGEE!

Thats right! I can imagine the newspapers and sportspages around the world!

The Village NHL...

Bettman's idea to get the NHL noticed?

geesss if we do get that next season at least make half naked cheerleaders on each side of the rink mandatory!

... is fear itself.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

So you think I'm scared because, deep down, I control the Force and can levitate you into orbit with narry a thought? You're right, that is kinda scary because I don't want to be called a murderer. However if I thought I really did control the Force, you can bet I'd take my light sabre ( :P ), call it a goal stick and try out for the Habs.

Barring all that, take all that "light" babble and stick it where the sun don't shine. :D