Begin News?

Oleg Petrov

I feel for Stevie B. HTe guy has given so much to this team, and this is how he gets repaid?

As for feeling bad for Begin, i've appreciated the effort he has brought forth to the Habs over the years.

However, it was apparent to me and now probably to others that he is no longer much more than a part-time 4th liner. As good teams get better, the weak get weeded out and in this case Begin is one of those guys. When BG signed Laraque, it seemed there would be little room for Begin on the 4th line unless he could beat out Kostopolus for the spot. He is around in case of injuries and when and if they do occur he will be back in the lineup.

Maybe Begin will ask for a trade, but i doubt there is much of a market for him. Better for the Habs to have him up in the pressbox instead of a youngster from Hamilton.

I wish Steve B the best, but most importantly i want the Habs to win.

However, it was apparent to me and now probably to others that he is no longer much more than a part-time 4th liner. As good teams get better, the weak get weeded out and in this case Begin is one of those guys. When BG signed Laraque, it seemed there would be little room for Begin on the 4th line unless he could beat out Kostopolus for the spot. He is around in case of injuries and when and if they do occur he will be back in the lineup.

I can understand, but I'd much rather See Bégin out there instead of Dandenault. Bégin is a sparkplug. He has heart, and will throw himself in front of any shot. Dandy is a freakin' D-man playing up front!!! :rolleyes::blink:

I can understand, but I'd much rather See Bégin out there instead of Dandenault. Bégin is a sparkplug. He has heart, and will throw himself in front of any shot. Dandy is a freakin' D-man playing up front!!! :rolleyes::blink:

unfortuneately for Begin, we can't say that dandy hasn't been playing well. He takes less penalties than Begin, and has been really good on the PK, especially side by side with Lapierre

IM sure it'll be done this week

the guy is UFA at the end of the season and wants to prove that he's worthy of another contract. he's not in MTL's plans, let him go. the guy has done so much for this team, he deserves at least a trade.

But he is in Montreal's plans. We don't need him as a regular because Kostopoulos is our new and improved Begin, but we could definitely use him for depth purposes.

I doubt he's going to complain, this has been his role his entire career, grinders like him always have to fight to get a regular roster spot.