Keep Samsonov!

habsfan88

Sammy has been flying out there since he was put with Bonk and Johnson. He was great last night and if you want him to score more goal you will have to wait until he gets a little more power play time.

The offensive potential of the players are rarely maximised here in MTL and it has been the case once again

while playing under Carboneau.

Last year was no different under Julien and only when Gainey took over and had the players ambracing more of a puck pursuit type of game did we discover that Higgins had the nacks to make things happen offensivelly.

The team is not investing as much as some other teams in the offensive aspects of the game....... unlike last night game when they where trailing by one from the start and where pushed to invest in their offensive the whole game.

Had our D being less conservative and our forechecking less restrain this year.......game like last night could have been our team trade mark from the start this year......in term of standing I think it would have been positive,......in term of goal productions it would have been much better,.......and in term of excitement , o my god this one is to easy to predict.

Anyway I now like the third line with Samsonov being there......it makes our team looks better overall.

would it be possible that Smolinski be a more natural fit to the second line if we keep Sammy? regarding that these two while not playing on the same line I believe, did play for the same Bears.

then it could be pointed at wheather Kovy can adjust or not.

I think the list of players who show up every night is shorter.

Bonk

Johnson

Lats (i like his work ethic so far)

Pleks

Dandy and Komi

But this is my list, these are players who try every night.

Bouillon? Streit? Koivu?

Are you talking about guys who try every night or play well every night? Non-lazy means trying hard. Almost all our guys try their hardest. Rivet, Souray, the 3 above, Downey, usually Murray, Higgins, Lapierre, Begin...

The only ones known as being lazy are Samsonov and Kovalev and some say Ryder & Markov but I disagree (about Markov).

Forgot about Streit. Sorry

Lapierre ands Downey haven't played enough for me to say they don't try. The games i have seen them play they do work hard.

This was subjective. Another poster put it out there so i gave my choices.

Kovalev, maybe Ryder... who else?

Ryder isn't lazy.....you don't play the PK if your considered lazy. Well Kovalev does, but thats more to generate offence while on the PK, and he's very good at taking away passing lanes and getting to loose pucks

Ryder isn't lazy.....you don't play the PK if your considered lazy. Well Kovalev does, but thats more to generate offence while on the PK, and he's very good at taking away passing lanes and getting to loose pucks

hey, i'm the one defending the team. Just he said we have a lazy team and out of everyone other than Kovalev, Ryder seems to be the one closest to lazy. In general, we've got a group of hardworkers.

You are correct about Ryder Chirs he should never have the puck on his stick in the neutral zone or offensive zone for more than a couple of seconds (unless it is a breakaway). The second he has the puck his line mates should get open Ryder should give them the puck and he should try to get into a shooting position.

I wouldn't go that far, they do work hard some nights. Are they the same hardworkers who play against the leafs?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion, i wouldn't classify this team as hard working.

Ryder shouldn't be a first liner, he deserves to be 3rd or 4th... I hate the way he handles the puck and the way he thinks he can deke the whole team on his own, he's got horrible accuracy, he always shoots the puck at the goalie or misses the net...

Skating fast, working hard, chasing pucks, backchecking, setting up opportunities and great puck control. The only thing missing from his game is goal-scoring. I have a feeling that is coming soon.

Does anyone still think that Sammy has no place on this team?

Bob Gainey does and he just waived him.

Keeping samsonov is like keeping milk out. It will rot and stink up the whole roster. I would say that Sammy is paid 3 million to score, not to be a checking forward! Sammy can also control the puck but he controls TOO MUCH! Fix him, no trade him, aw wat the heck! RELEASE THIS LOSER!

Bob Gainey does and he just waived him.

certainly looks that way...

GO :hlogo: GO!