We shouldve taken Hasek

Aebischer4life

We shouldve signed Hasek in the offseason. The guy is making 750 000 and has the best GAA in the entire league, 2nd most wins and 2nd most shutouts.

Imagine a Huet/Hasek tandem. Huet seems to get tired after a while so Hasek couldve been great for us.

We shouldve signed Hasek in the offseason. The guy is making 750 000 and has the best GAA in the entire league, 2nd most wins and 2nd most shutouts.

Imagine a Huet/Hasek tandem. Huet seems to get tired after a while so Hasek couldve been great for us.

It would have been a questionable move, at the time. A 40+ year old goalie with a flimsy groin while we already have 2 goalies capable of starting (not to mention depth throughout the system). Even in hindsight, I'm happy with who we've got.

It would have been a questionable move, at the time. A 40+ year old goalie with a flimsy groin while we already have 2 goalies capable of starting (not to mention depth throughout the system). Even in hindsight, I'm happy with who we've got.

You know how good we would be with Hasek in net?

We're pretty good at keeping shots to the outside... imagine having the dominator back there.

We would definitely have at least 5 more wins.

The guy is a 6 time vezina winner.

By the way kenadian, I see your fav habs listing. I don't wan't to ruin your fantasy, but...

I can dream can't I.......... :rolleyes: Maybe I should lower the total to 60 pts............. :wacko:

The guy is a 6 time vezina winner.

But right now, he's old and injury prone. Who's to say he won't hurt his groin again and miss the entire postseason like he did last season? He's more of a gamble. But my point was that we already had 2 good goalies, so I'm sure Gainey wasn't even considering a third one.

But right now, he's old and injury prone. Who's to say he won't hurt his groin again and miss the entire postseason like he did last season? He's more of a gamble. But my point was that we already had 2 good goalies, so I'm sure Gainey wasn't even considering a third one.

Hasek at 42 is better then Huet at 31 and that is no slight to Huet at all.

The fact that he hurt his groin last year was a fluke and I bet he wouldnt let it happen again.

OUR PROBLEM ISN'T OUR GOALTENDING! OUR LACK OF CONSISTANT/TIMELY SCORING IS!

WE NEED A COUPLE MORE PROVEN SNIPERS......GUYS WHO GO OUT NIGHTLY AND CONTRIBUTE AND GET POINTS!

I don't think I(WE) can make it any clearer.........

OUR PROBLEM ISN'T OUR GOALTENDING! OUR LACK OF CONSISTANT/TIMELY SCORING IS!

WE NEED A COUPLE MORE PROVEN SNIPERS......GUYS WHO GO OUT NIGHTLY AND CONTRIBUTE AND GET POINTS!

I don't think I(WE) can make it any clearer.........

Kovalev and Ryder are great snipers thank you.

The goaltending is a problem.

Are you an idiot? You have been bitching about how the Canadian players suck because they have no good stats, I told you that Stats don't always count, but as always, you think you are always right. I let it slide, but now your saying that Kovalav is good? Especially you that only looks at statistics, Kovalev doesn't even pass, and I won't even comment Ryder's shooting, he's a very bad shooter with new accuracy at all, a trade can be very useful now, we can get something better then Ryder if we trade him, he is not a team player, I hardly see him pass to Koivu, when both of them have a chance to score, Ryder thinks he can score without giving Koivu a pass, but always ends up missing the net or shooting it right at the goalie, he doesn't know what he is doing. Huet is one of the best goaltenders here, his weakness are some of his defense man, but that isn't a problem when the habs forwards are scoring lots of goals.

Heads up: Please no personal attack. Thanks

Edited by sakiqc

Funny that you list Abby as your fav habs...............But whatever, if you think Hasek is all that and a bag of chips.

And the goal scoring IS the problem, just like you said Kovalev and Ryder IF they WERE SCORING we'd be WINNING these games.....

And I'm done with this thread, since you seem hell bent on Hasek :wall: