Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 02/10/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are now 2 points ahead of our pace from last year.

Pathetic. Somethings never change.

ahead of last year's pace? an encouraging note... thank you...

GO :hlogo: GO!

OMFG is that Kovalev? So Carbo benches him when we need his offense and then puts him back on at the end of the game...way to teach him a lesson

I have idolized Carbo like the rest of you and love his flair...but he has LOST THIS TEAM.

I dont like being negative, but I mean, when does this end.....it's almost too late now

OMFG is that Kovalev? So Carbo benches him when we need his offense and then puts him back on at the end of the game...way to teach him a lesson

I have idolized Carbo like the rest of you and love his flair...but he has LOST THIS TEAM.

I dont like being negative, but I mean, when does this end.....it's almost too late now

Last year the light at the end of my tunnel was firing Julien because I thought he had lost the team.

And it worked. But I cannot see any situation where Carbo gets fired.

Leafs lose in OT

I don't think benching Kovalev was a good idea. He's not really that type of player.

Pens score & win. :puke:

So much for Samsonov having a huge game tonight

I thought he played VERY well... he got totally robbed, but he could have netted at least 2 goals. He had one especially good chance, but Emery was amazing.

Oh well.

Frustrating to the max.

Habs outplayed Sens, Habs lose.

Emery was the difference.

I think Gainey needs to sit down with Carbo and explain to him how to coach, because if this keeps up we are out of the playoffs.

He benches kovy when offensively that line of Kovy Koivu and Higgins was creating chances. He switches lines and gives them 2 periods. He has severe issues and I cannot figure them out. Change the lines and leave them for 3 games to see what they do. Not constant shuffling.

I think Gainey needs to sit down with Carbo and explain to him how to coach, because if this keeps up we are out of the playoffs.

He benches kovy when offensively that line of Kovy Koivu and Higgins was creating chances. He switches lines and gives them 2 periods. He has severe issues and I cannot figure them out. Change the lines and leave them for 3 games to see what they do. Not constant shuffling.

AGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY

Wish he didn't juggle the lines and bench Kovalev like that. Kovalev was doing well.

Sigh. I like Carbo, but a few things bugged me about this game:

1. Refs

2. Carbo's coaching

3. Emery

I think everyone should be taking a look at THIS

hmmmm..... so, do we get a top ten pick?

we're just way too far ahead of the flyers to even hope to get a shot a esposito...

at 'best', we could probably end up with the fifth pick but that would mean a serious continuation of this slide and some pretty good success by about 12 teams... not likely to happen...

we'll probably end up with anywhere between the 12th to 18th picks...

Carbonneau is all over the place!

The time to bench Kovalev was a long time ago. If you were afraid of his reaction

a month ago why do it now with the season crumblling all around you?

I really do not comprehend the moves he is making. He has lost this team.

HEy theres some postives to be taken from this game.

1. Montreal actually outshot the opposition....40-30...or so

2. They actually scored more than 2 goals.

The Bad news

1. They gave up 5 goals and Aebischer looked.....well soft

2. Dumb penalties continue

3. We lost.

BUt atleast there was some good news

Edited by kaos

The Bad news

2. We lost.

Again, I'm just getting too sick of trying to pick positives out of a steadily sinking situation....the Bad News is, we lost AGAIN.

I'm setting my standards now for a last week push for 8th...hopefully I'll at least see them make that

This game wasnt that bad. It came down to goaltending. Emery robbed us of at least 3-4 goals: the Bouillon backhand in the 2nd (after Begin's goal), the Samsonov rebound, and the Bonk backhand.

On the other hand, Aenisher got beat on stoppable shots for the 1st and 4th Sens goal.

For the rest, both teams were quite evenly matched. The Koivu line was still struggling. The Spezza goal on that 2-on-1 was brutal defense. The reason why Koivu's line struggles so much is just tempo. They were skating like mad earlier this season and were always one step ahead of the defensemen. Now they're just gliding. Its like they've go no legs anymore. As soon as they started skating again they started getting some better chances.

For the rest, it wasn't too bad. If there's anything that provide some hope, it's the way Latendresse & Lapierre are coming along. They play with more hunger than most of the forwards. Makes you look forward to what they'll do once they get better acclimated to the NHL game.

The return of Begin showed how much we missed him. A couple of gutsy plays and it kept the Habs in the game.

Kovalev getting benched was a good call by Carbo. After punishing Sammy and Rivet, Carbo had to show he was just and nailing Kovy to the bench after his blueline turnover was the way to do it. Ditto for Niinimaa who barely played after that humongous blunder on the Kelly goal.

All in all a good performance for the team as a whole. Emery made the difference.

The Bad news

2. Dumb penalties continue

3. We lost.

aebisher looked soft on one (maybe two) goals

the big thing was emery... he usually plays very well against the canadiens... he's kind of a poor man's brodeur in terms of canadiens domination....

Really hoping Emery gets a suspension but I highly doubt it. That was vicious.

At least on the Perez incident he didnt know where his opponent was...

it's in the hands of the discipline committee... it may be considered simply a reaction hit with no real damage being done...

we'll see...